If you have questions about the schedule, please contact KWeek@lsv.uky.edu.
Thursday, August 22
New Student Induction Ceremony, 10 a.m. - 11 a.m., Memorial Coliseum
- Students, family members, and guests are invited to join President Eli Capilouto and other members of the university community to commemorate the start of a new school year. All new students are expected to attend this annual university celebration where they will be officially inducted into the UK family; attendance will be taken. Parents, families, and guests are encouraged to attend. If your family is unable to attend the ceremony, they can view it live online! Sponsored by K Week.
- Students will be sitting with their K Teams and are encouraged to meet up with them to attend. On-campus K Teams will walk over together from residence halls. Off-campus K Teams are making plans to meet at the Gatton Student Center and walk over together. Families and guests are welcome to sit anywhere in the stands to view the ceremony.
- Free parking options for the ceremony include the Gatton Student Center visitor lot, the South Limestone garage, and the Scott Street lots. Do NOT park in the employee lots behind Memorial Coliseum.
- Student-only activities begin following the New Student Induction Ceremony.
Pics in the Plaza, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., Wildcat Alumni Plaza
- Be sure to stop by after the New Student Induction Ceremony for refreshments! We encourage students, family, and friends to get their photo made with our famous Bowman statue. Sponsored by UK Alumni Association and STAT.
College Meetings, generally 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- All new students are expected to attend their designated meeting; attendance will be taken and reported to the university for student success tracking purposes. Check the full K Week schedule for details for your college.
College of Engineering Meeting, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m., Singletary Center for the Arts Concert Hall
- All new College of Engineering students will attend a new student orientation (please bring your UK ID for registration of attendance). After the orientation, come by the Engineering Courtyard for pizza and a student organization fair. A drawing will take place for prizes. Free College of Engineering t-shirts for all new students will be handed out. Come find out about all the Engineering student organizations that are available. Sponsored by College of Engineering.
College of Health Sciences College Welcome, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m., 121 Jacobs Science Building
- CHS College Welcome is our annual kick-off to the academic year for our incoming students. Students will engage with faculty, staff, and peer mentors for an afternoon of fun! Sponsored by College of Health Sciences.
College of Communication and Information K Week College Day, 12 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Lucille Little Lawn
- Learn about college resources and opportunities, and get to know your fellow CI students, advisors, and faculty. Attendance is expected and tracked. Sponsored by College of Communication and Information.
College of Design Meeting, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m., 209 Pence Hall
- This welcome event includes presentations and workshops for incoming College of Design students as well as lunch and an ice cream social. Attendance is mandatory. Sponsored by College of Design.
College of Public Health Meeting, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., 2nd Floor The 90
- Join the College of Public Health to get to know the incoming class. We will have activities and food throughout the event. Sponsored by College of Public Health.
A&S K Week Student Welcome, 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Gatton Student Center Ballrooms & Worsham Theater
- The College of Arts & Sciences is looking forward to seeing you! Dean Kornbluh, faculty, students, and staff will be on hand to welcome you to the College through a variety of activities. Join us to discover how to get the most out of your UK experience, grab some refreshments, pick up a free A&S t-shirt, and enjoy the live music of Johnny Conqueroo! Sponsored by College of Arts & Sciences.
Pre-Nursing College Meeting, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., 201 College of Nursing Building
- Join your classmates to meet advisors, administrators, and faculty in the College of Nursing. Sponsored by College of Nursing.
College of Agriculture, Food & Environment Welcome Event, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., Agricultural Science Center, Seay Auditorium
- At this welcome event for all new students in the College of Agriculture, Food & Environment, you will meet faculty, advisors, and students from your program, hear tips for success, and connect with clubs related to your interests and career goals. You will also have a chance to grub out and snag some college swag. Sponsored by College of Agriculture, Food & Environment.
College of Social Work College Meeting, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., 330AB Gatton Student Center
- We are excited to welcome you to the College of Social Work! Join us to meet faculty and staff, learn about college opportunities, and take a group photo. We look forward to seeing you! Sponsored by College of Social Work.
Gatton Welcome, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., Kincaid Auditorium, Gatton College of Business and Economics
- Don't miss this orientation meeting for all incoming Gatton first-year students. Get valuable tips on starting your academic journey, meet Gatton faculty and staff, and enjoy delicious local gelato! Sponsored by Gatton College of Business and Economics.
College of Fine Arts Welcome, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., Guignol Theater, 465 Rose Street
- Welcome to all incoming students in the College of Fine Arts! Come learn more about your major and meet classmates, faculty, and staff. All new students are expected to attend. Sponsored by College of Fine Arts.
College of Education K Week Meeting, 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m., Taylor Education Building
- Come enjoy a day at the College of Education! Meet and mingle with faculty, staff, students, and community partners. Gain helpful information by attending our Education resource fair. Get free dessert and giveaways and be entered in to win our big prizes!! Check in on the Taylor Education Building front lawn between 1 and 1:30 p.m. Sponsored by College of Education.
LGBTQ* Welcome Back Fair, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m., Ballroom A, Gatton Student Center
- Looking for resources on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer issues? Want to know how to be a better ally to the LGBTQ* population? This is the place for you. Come check out tables with resources for LGBTQ* people and allies and grab some free food too! Sponsored by Office of LGBTQ* Resources.
Transfer Student Welcome Dinner, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m., Boone Center, 500 Rose Street
- Join us for an evening at the Hilary J. Boone Center including mocktails, free food, and a chance to meet other new transfer students! Sponsored by Transfer Center.
Cru Block Party and Worship Night, 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., Woodland Glen Courtyard and Basketball Court
- Kick off K Week right by making friends over free Zaxby's! Enjoy music and outdoor games, and win awesome door prizes like Amazon gift cards! After the party, swing over to the Mining and Minerals Building (across from Chem/Phys on Rose Street) for Worship Night! Free t-shirts while they last! Sponsored by Cru.
Wildcat Tree Climbing, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Outside Patterson Office Tower
- Students, faculty, and staff will have the opportunity to ascend and descend the large bur oak in front of Patterson Office Tower using tree climbing gear (harnesses, ropes, personal protective equipment) under the supervision of UK arboriculture experts. Sponsored by UK Urban Forest Initiative, UK Outdoor Pursuits, and UK Facilities Management.
Academic Coaching Info Session, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., The Study North, Jewell Hall
- Drop in for a bite to eat and meet the Academic Coaching team at Transformative Learning! The Academic Coaching team is dedicated to supporting students in setting and achieving their goals. Sponsored by Transformative Learning.
Chi Alpha Concert, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Barker Plaza (outside the Gatton Student Center)
- Stop by for live Christian music and giveaways! Sponsored by Chi Alpha Christian Student Fellowship.
Come Be in A Movie!, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Media Depot @ The Hub – W.T. Young Library
- We're putting out the casting call - come play a part in our new blockbuster! Get your picture taken in our greenscreen room and we will put you on the poster. No prior acting experience necessary and plenty of student swag giveaways will be available! Sponsored by Information Technology Services.
Free Comfort Colors Tanks @ Presentation U!, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Presentation U! @ The Hub – W.T. Young Library
- Get a free Comfort Colors tank top and other swag when you stop by to see the Presentation U! peer tutoring space. All students who stop by will get a free tank top while supplies last. Sponsored by the Center for Learning and Teaching.
Kabobs with Cats for Christ, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Southside Church of Christ, 1533 Nicholasville Rd
- Come out for a night with the Cats for Christ family and enjoy more amazing foods than you can shake a stick at! Sponsored by Cats for Christ.
Meat and Greet, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., 568 Columbia Avenue
- Find out about all UK's Chabad - Jewish Student Center has to offer, while enjoying some barbecue and getting to know your fellow Jews on campus! Sponsored by Chabad - Jewish Student Union.
Rock the Block: Fraternity & Sorority Life Block Party, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Greek Park (off Rose Lane)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life is hosting a Rock the Block party during K Week for all new students. There will be food, games, music, and an opportunity for students to meet all of our chapters at ONE location! Sponsored by Fraternity and Sorority Life Office.
CARES Carnival, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Rose Street Walkway to W.T. Young Library
- Connect with CARES, learn about our services, and meet staff! Sponsored by CARES.
Build Your Own Burger Bar, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., CSF Building (Corner of Woodland & Columbia at the stoplight by W.T. Young Library)
- Imagine your dream burger. Now double it. Unleash your inner chef at the ultimate DIY cookout. We grill up the patties and prepare the toppings. You construct the ultimate burger. Sponsored by Reality.
Game Night – Tabletop and Roleplaying Games Club, 6 p.m. – 12 a.m., 221 Jacobs Science Building
- The Tabletop and Roleplaying Games Club will be hosting a game night for incoming students during K Week! We will be providing a library of tabletop games to choose from and will have free pizza. Sponsored by Tabletop and Roleplaying Games Club.
Center for Community Outreach Membership Info Session, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m., Center for Community Outreach Office, 225 Gatton Student Center
- Come to the CCO to get engaged in community service, learn about active citizenship and social justice, and get some free stuff! Sponsored by Student Organizations and Activities.
Campus Housing Block Party, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Corner of Woodland Avenue and Hilltop Avenue
- Campus Housing hosts fun events for students throughout the year! Don't miss this one featuring a DJ and roller skating as well as free food, games, and t-shirts! Sponsored by UK Campus Housing and Residence Life.
Totally Trivial!, 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., 211/215/217 The 90
- Come test your knowledge and get to know other UK students with TRIVIA! Sponsored by Lexington Campus Disciples.
Kentucky Women's Soccer vs Bowling Green & Kentucky Soccer Fan Day, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., Bell Soccer Complex
- Join Kentucky women's soccer for the Home Opener against Bowling Green at The Bell. Pack the Blue ReBELLion and help us kick off the 2019 season! Sponsored by UK Athletics.
Implicit’s Explicit Dance Workshop: Hip Hop Edition, 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m., 153 Performance Studio – Holmes Hall
- Attention all dancers! Implicit Dance Crew will be teaching a dance workshop! Come out to learn a lit routine, let loose, and have a lot of fun! Sponsored by Implicit Dance Crew.
RainGlow – Dance & Live Music, 8 p.m. – 10 p.m., Gatton Student Center Ballroom C
- All students are welcome to join us for a dance party with lots of hit music, lights, glowsticks, and snacks! Part of the night also includes a drag inspired live music performance from an Engineering lecturer! Sponsored by EngiQueers and Gender Sexuality Alliance.
RecFest, 8 p.m. – 10 p.m., Johnson Center
- Stop by the Johnson Center for a Campus Recreation and Wellness open house! Enjoy free food and group fitness classes, browse tables, play games, and more! Sponsored by Campus Recreation and Wellness.
Movie on the Lawn, 9 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., Singletary Center Side Lawn
- Grab a blanket and head out to the lawn between the Singletary Center and Gatton Student Center - we're projecting a movie on the lawn! Popcorn and free merch provided. Come unwind, relax, and make some new friends. Sponsored by Reformed University Fellowship.
Lex Vegas at Newman, 9 p.m. – 12 a.m., Newman Center, 320 Rose Ln
- UK's hottest party - best DJ, casino games, big giveaways, free food - all free! Bigger and better than last year! What happens in Lex Vegas goes everywhere! Come eat, dance & win into the AM! It will be lit! Sponsored by Catholic Wildcats.
UK Idol, 9 p.m. – 12 a.m., CSF Building (Corner of Woodland & Columbia at the stoplight by W.T. Young Library)
- Brace yourself for the ultimate campus singing showdown. Grab some free food as the hottest voices on campus do karaoke battle for more than $1,000 in cash and prizes! Sponsored by Christian Student Fellowship.
Party with Implicit!, 9:45 p.m. – 11 p.m., 153 Performance Studio – Holmes Hall
- Come out to turn up with Implicit! We're a hip hop crew, and we're throwing a party to get the turn up for the semester started! Sponsored by Implicit Dance Crew.
Kentucky @ Kroger, 10 p.m. – 12 a.m., Kroger on Euclid Avenue
- Buses will run continuously during the event and will pick up and drop of students at Wildcat Alumni Plaza on Avenue of Champions across from Memorial Coliseum AND outside W. T. Young Library on Hilltop Avenue. Don't miss this fun opportunity to catch a bus with other UK students and enjoy a late-night Kroger run! Stock up on items for your room, soft drinks, snacks, school supplies, and anything else you might need to be at home at UK. You'll be able to buy all this and more while enjoying free food, cool activities, and prizes! Sponsored by Kroger, the official grocery partner of move-in.