Cat Family Cookbook
Every family has a signature dish that you make again and again and is always a crowd pleaser. The UK Parent and Family Association would like to invite parents and families to share your best recipes with the Wildcat community in our very first Cat Family Cookbook. Families can submit recipes online to be featured in the Cat Family Cookbook in spring 2021 and throughout the school year in UK’s dining halls.
Recipes can be submitted online through the month of October in the following fun categories:
- Early bird meals (easy-to-make breakfast ideas)
- No kitchen? No problem. (meals that can be made with a microwave or less)
- Simple suppers (easy recipes for a new cook using just a few ingredients)
- For the sweeties (treats, baked goods, and desserts)
- Grab and go (meals and snacks to prepare ahead and grab on-the-go)
- Calling all master chefs (more advanced recipes for cooks with some experience)
- Kentucky favorites (well-known Kentucky meals and snacks)
- State staples (well-known meals from states/countries other than Kentucky/USA)
Participating families must have a current student attending UK and can submit as many recipes as they would like. Select recipes will be included on UK Dining’s menu in The Fresh Food Company in The 90 and Champions Kitchen in the Gatton Student Center during the fall and spring semesters. If your recipe is selected to be featured in the dining halls, you will be notified via email of the specific date and dining location.
Select recipes will also be used throughout the fall and spring semesters for various programs and events. More information about events will be available soon.
Cat Family Cookbooks will be available for sale in the spring 2021 semester. Reserve your cookbook now!