Family of the Year
Congratulations to Abby Benton and her family from Knoxville, Tennessee on being selected as the 2019 UK Family of the Year! Check out this article from UKNow!
For more information about the UK Family of the Year program, see the entry rules below.
The UK Parent and Family Association would like to recognize the valuable role that families play in student success by honoring a dedicated Family of the Year. The selected family will be recognized during the Family Weekend tailgate event and at the University of Kentucky vs. University of Florida football game on Saturday, September 14, 2019. In addition, UK's Family of the Year will receive:
- Up to six tickets to the Family Weekend tailgate on Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Hotel room accommodations for Friday, September 13, 2019 - Sunday, September 15 (up to 2 double rooms)
- Family Weekend t-shirts for the family (up to six family members)
- Recognition on the Parent and Family Association website, Cat Chat email newsletter, and social media
The UK Parent and Family Association embraces a multidimensional concept of family and the diversity of family structures, including families of origin and families of choice. Parents, guardians, grandparents, spouses/partners, and any other supportive people in the lives of our current UK students are eligible to be nominated for UK's Family of the Year. Nominees do not have to be former UK students to be selected for the award. Nominators must be current UK undergraduate or graduate students. Nominations submitted by family members will not be eligible to win.
Applications are now closed for the 2019 Family of the Year!
Students can nominate their families for Family of the Year by submitting an online application by Wednesday, April 17. The application must include:
- A family photo that exemplifies your family's UK spirit
- An essay (750 words or less) responding to the following question: How has your family embraced their role in the Wildcat family?
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of current UK students and staff representing different programs across campus. The selection process will begin after the application deadline on April 17.
Application deadline: April 17, 2019
Winner will be notified via email: May 1, 2019