Family of the Year
Congratulations to Abby Benton and her family from Knoxville, Tennessee on being selected as the 2019 UK Family of the Year! Check out this article from UKNow!
For more information about the UK Family of the Year program, see the entry rules below.
The UK Parent and Family Association would like to recognize the valuable role that families play in student success by honoring a dedicated Family of the Year. The selected family will be recognized during the Family Weekend Tent Party event and at the University of Kentucky vs. South Carolina football game on Saturday, September 26, 2020. In addition, UK's Family of the Year will receive:
- Up to six tickets to the Family Weekend tailgate on Saturday, September 26, 2020,
- Family Weekend t-shirts for the family (up to six family members),
- Recognition on the Parent and Family Association website, Cat Chat email newsletter, and social media,
- In person recognition at the Family Weekend Tent Party,
- and more!
The UK Parent and Family Association embraces a multidimensional concept of family and the diversity of family structures, including families of origin and families of choice. Parents, guardians, grandparents, spouses/partners, and any other supportive people in the lives of our current UK students are eligible to be nominated for UK's Family of the Year. Nominees do not have to be former UK students to be selected for the award. Nominators must be current UK undergraduate or graduate students who have completed at least one semester at UK. Nominations submitted by family members will not be eligible to win.
Students can nominate their families for Family of the Year by submitting an online application by Friday, April 17. The application must include:
- A family photo that exemplifies your family's UK spirit
- An essay (750 words or less) responding to the following prompt: Describe how your family has supported you during your time at UK, and how they have embraced their role in the Wildcat family?
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of current UK students and staff representing different programs across campus. The selection process will begin after the application deadline on April 17.
Application deadline: April 17, 2020
Winner will be notified via email: May 1, 2020