Faculty Media Depot
The Faculty Media Depot is as committed as ever to supporting our faculty's transition to online and alternative formats for course delivery and has reopened for scheduled recordings. Please read the information below carefully.
The Faculty Media Depot is now open for scheduled recordings. We are not open for drop-in support. Due to safety measures in response to COVID-19, only one studio space will operate at a time, and only one person will be allowed to occupy the FMD for a single time slot. Our studios will be set up for a standard lecture presentation unless you have contacted us for approval to do another type of recording. Each time slot is one hour with additional time for cleaning between each reservation. For this reason, it is important that all appointments end promptly at the designated time. The FMD will close for cleaning and a lunch break from 11:30AM-1:00PM.
Each person (including staff and visitors) will be required to wear a mask upon arrival. We will meet you at the FMD front doors, room 213H, at the start time of your reservation where a temperature check will be performed and list of COVID-19 screening questions will be asked. After this, you will be directed to the appropriate studio space. Once inside you may shut the door and remove your mask. Any support will be performed remotely, so be prepared to load any presentations without direct assistance. All communication and direction will be done via text chat or over microphones/speakers located in the studio. Once all recordings are complete you will put on your mask and promptly exit. Files will be delivered via Google Drive download. Any additional requests or edits will be completed remotely via email or Zoom.
|Monday||9 AM - 1 PM|
|Tuesday||9 AM - 1 PM|
|Wednesday||9 AM - 11 AM|
|Thursday||9 AM - 11 AM|
|Thursday||1 PM - 3 PM|
|Friday||11 AM - 3 PM|
For more information email us at email@example.com.
Production Kits for Checkout.Coming Soon! The FMD has a collection of kits available for checkout to aid with media production, including video cameras, microphones, lighting, tripods and supports. Look for a checkout form soon.
iPad Support KitsThese kits are designed to enhance the capabilities of your existing iPad or other tablet.
- Tablet holder and travel tripod
- Lavalier two-person interview kit and shotgun microphones
- SD card adapter to copy footage
- USB adapter for microphone or camera
iPad Air KitThis kit has the same equipment as above, and also includes an iPad Air and Apple Pencil.
HD Canon Camcorder KitsTwo kits available. These are lightweight cameras capable of 1080p60 recording. Up to 8-hours per memory card.
- Canon HF R800
- Wired lavalier microphone
4K Sony Camcorder KitsTwo Sony Camcorder kits capable of recording 4K video or up to 120fps at lower resolution. Up to 4-hours per memory card.
- Sony FDR-AX33 Camcorder
- On-camera shotgun microphone
- On-camera light
- Optional two-person wireless microphone
4K Canon Professional Camcorder KitsTwo Canon Professional Camcorder kits for experienced operators or those looking for higher quality or artistic recordings. Up to 120fps recording at lower resolutions, and up to 4 hours of recording.
- Canon XC15 4K Professional Camcorder
- Sennheiser MKE 600 Shotgun Microphone
- Manfrotto Tripod
- Available on-camera ring light
- Available wireless microphone
Light KitsThree LED light panel kit for interviews or other types of recordings.
- Falcon Eyes SO-28TD
- Falcon Eyes SO-48TD
- Falcon Eyes SO-68TD
Wireless MicrophonesFour 2-person wireless lavalier microphones with XLR or mini plug output.
- Saramonic UwMic9 2-Person Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System
- Compatible with all camera kits
Desktop MicrophonesTwo Blue Yeti desktop USB microphones for high-quality audio recordings.
- Silver Blue Yeti USB Microphone
Desktop Pen TabletTwo desktop pen interface tablets to be used with your computer. These can be used to annotate slides during a screen recording or used in note or art applications.
- Wacom Cintiq 16 Creative Pen Display
Media LaptopLaptop with high performance processor ideal for creative applications. Runs Microsoft Windows and MacOS. Comes preloaded with Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro, Camtasia and other creative applications.
- 16-inch Macbook Pro, 8-Core i7, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 5500 Graphics
- Card and port adapters included
- 1TB External SSD for temporary media storage
- Compatible with Pen Tablet
A multicamera studio suitable for recording lectures. Productions will be provided via Google Drive.
We also offer the Lightboard, which is a presentation tool that allows you to create glowing text and diagrams on an illuminated glass panel for an engaging presentation that allows you to be forward facing throughout.
- Multi-camera configurations
- LED light panels
- Lavalier and boom microphones
- Multiple background configurations including white, black and chromakey
- Live switching and streaming with Wirecast
- Production grade graphics capabilities
- Lightboard used to create engaging illuminated presentations
The audio studio is an environment for high quality sound and screen recordings. It includes a condenser microphone, sound dampening material, lighting, backdrop, and a webcam for video overlays. We utilize Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Audition and Audacity software.
- Sound dampened room to minimize echo and ambient noise
- High quality Blue Yeti microphone on adjustable boom arm
- Logitech C920 HD webcam for headshot overlay
- 3.6 Ghz Core i7 Dell Optiplex 9020 with 8GB of memory for streamlining capture and export
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Bridge
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier
- Microsoft Office