2022-2023 Employee Parking Permit Renewal Starts Wednesday, May 25
Employee intermediate (E) and periphery (EK) parking permit renewals for 2022-2023 will be available for purchase starting Wednesday, May 25.
Employees can log into their customer account to make the purchase or visit our customer service center in person. UK Transportation Services is located at 721 Press Avenue, on the first floor of Press Avenue Garage. Indoor customer service center hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but our exterior express window opens at 6:30 a.m. weekdays for permit pre-orders, after allowing for 24 hours processing.
Permits purchased online can be mailed to your home mailing address or picked up in person. If you plan to pick up, please allow 24 hours for processing.
If you choose to have your permit mailed, pay special attention to the preferred mailing address during the renewal process to ensure it is your home address, rather than a University office address.
- Outstanding parking citations must be paid before a new permit can be purchased. Citations may be paid online or in person.
- 2021-2022 parking permits expire on June 30 and new permits must be displayed no later than Friday, July 1.
- Online permit sales are available for regular full-time and regular part-time UK employees who have a linkblue username and password and BCTC employees who have a KCTCS username and password.
- Most employee parking permit prices have changed for 2022-2023. Please see this story for details.
- Employees can opt to have their parking permit fees deducted on a pre-tax basis, resulting in a savings.
- Permit renewal time also offers a good opportunity to consider other methods of transportation to campus. There are many attractive incentives to encourage employees and students to consider sustainable commuting options, such as biking, walking, riding the bus, or ride sharing with family members. For details or to sign up for incentives, visit our website.
Employee Intermediate Permits (E)
Intermediate employee permits for the 2022-2023 permit year cost $42 per month ($504 annually). Employees who choose to purchase an intermediate employee permit not only have the flexibility of parking in all intermediate employee (E) lots but may also park in the south campus periphery (K and EK) areas. For more details about these permits, visit this page.
Employee Periphery Permits (EK)
Employees who choose to park only at the south campus periphery (Kroger Field Red, Blue, or Orange Lots, Commonwealth Drive and College Way East and West lots) may purchase a periphery employee (EK) permit for $34 per month ($408 annually). This price is unchanged from last year. For more details about these permits, visit this page.
Employee Core Permits (C)
Employees who currently have a core permit can renew their permit beginning on Wednesday, May 18. The cost for a core permit is $63 per month ($756 annually).
Core permits are a good choice for those seeking a more predictable parking option than the traditional intermediate or periphery parking areas. Core permit quantities are limited and are only initially available through a waitlist. Employees who wish to sign up for a core permit can add themselves to one or more core permit waitlists, accessible through the customer account manager.
While on the waitlist, employees will need to purchase an employee intermediate or periphery permit to park on campus until they are selected for a core permit upgrade. For more details, visit this page.
If you have questions, please email UK Transportation Services.
UK Transportation Services strives to improve the quality of life on campus by offering responsive, sustainable and reliable access to infrastructure and mobility solutions. To learn more about transportation options, follow Transportation Services on Twitter @UKParking, or visit us online at www.uky.edu/transportation.