Employee Parking Permit Sales Start May 24
Employee intermediate (E) and periphery (EK) parking permit renewals for 2023-2024 will be available for purchase starting Wednesday, May 24.
Employees can log into their customer account to make the purchase or visit our customer service center in person. UK Transportation Services is located at 721 Press Avenue, on the first floor of Press Avenue Garage.
Indoor customer service center hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but our exterior express window opens at 7 a.m. weekdays for permit pick-ups. If you do order your permit online or over the phone, please allow one full business day for processing prior to pick-up. Permits purchased online can be mailed to your home mailing address or picked up in person.
If you choose to have your permit mailed, pay special attention to the preferred mailing address during the renewal process to ensure it is your home address, rather than a university office address.
- Outstanding parking citations must be paid before a new permit can be purchased. Citations may be paid online or in person.
- 2022-2023 parking permits expire on June 30 and new permits must be displayed no later than Monday, July 3.
- Online permit sales are available for regular full-time and regular part-time UK employees who have a linkblue username and password and BCTC employees who have a KCTCS username and password.
- Please make sure you have your vehicle information available, as this is required before a permit can be purchased. You’ll need the make, model, color, and license plate number of your vehicle. (See the graphic below for more information on how to properly enter your plate number.)
- Employee parking permit prices remain the same as last year, and employees can opt to have their parking permit fees deducted on a pre-tax basis, resulting in a savings.
- If you park in a visitor pay lot or at a parking meter on campus, you must still pay the meter.
- Permit renewal time also offers a good opportunity to consider other methods of transportation to campus. There are many attractive incentives to encourage employees and students to consider sustainable commuting options, such as biking, walking, riding the bus, or ride sharing with family members. For details or to sign up for incentives, visit our website.
Permit Type Details:
Employee Intermediate (E)
Intermediate employee permits cost $42 per month ($504 annually). Employees who choose to purchase an intermediate employee permit not only have the flexibility of parking in all intermediate employee (E) lots but may also park in the south campus periphery (RK, CK, and EK) areas. For more details, visit this page.
Employee Periphery Permits (EK)
Employees who choose to park only at the south campus periphery (Kroger Field Orange, Red, or Blue, lots, Commonwealth Drive and College Way East and West lots) may purchase a periphery employee (EK) permit for $34 per month ($408 annually). For more details, visit this page.
Employee Core Permits
Employees who currently have a core permit were able to begin renewals starting on Wednesday, May 17. The cost for a core permit is $63 per month ($756 annually).
Core permits are a good choice for those seeking a more predictable parking option than the traditional intermediate or periphery parking areas. Core permit quantities are limited and are only initially available through a waitlist. Employees who wish to sign up for a core permit can add themselves to one or more core permit waitlists, accessible through the customer account manager.
While on the waitlist, employees will need to purchase an employee intermediate or periphery permit to park on campus until they are selected for a core permit upgrade. For more details, visit this page.
If you have questions about the permit renewal process, please email UK Transportation Services.
UK Transportation Services strives to improve the quality of life on campus by offering responsive, sustainable and reliable access to infrastructure and mobility solutions. To learn more about transportation options, follow Transportation Services on Twitter @UKParking, or visit us online at www.uky.edu/transportation.