Orange Lot Parking Capacity Contingency Plan Update
Effective immediately, the Orange Route will begin providing bus service to the College Way contingency parking area on a set schedule. The Orange Route extension will operate on Monday through Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., as well as during the same time period on the Fridays before home football games.
As first announced on August 22, Transportation Services continues to direct employees seeking periphery parking, once the Orange Lot has reached capacity, to the College Way East Lot, a new 300-space periphery (K and EK) parking area located off College Way Drive across from the Motor Pool. Orange Route bus service is extended during this period to serve the College Way parking area.
Over the past seven weeks, implementation of the contingency plan has been communicated through the display of a large orange sail flag at the University Drive entrance to the Orange Lot. However, as the semester has progressed and the campus community has settled into predictable routines, Transportation Services is updating the original contingency plan to standardize the service times associated with bus service to the College Way contingency parking area and discontinue use of the orange flags.
Please see the following updated information on the Orange Lot parking contingency plan:
Arriving on Campus
- Employees who typically arrive to campus prior to 9:30 a.m. should continue to park in the Orange Lot.
- Employees who arrive between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday or on the Friday before a home football game are encouraged to proceed directly to the College Way East Lot.
- The Orange Route will extend to serve the College Way East Lot during the above contingency parking period.
- Orange Route buses will pick employees up at the bus stop located at the northwest corner of the College Way East Lot and take them to the typical UK HealthCare bus stops at HSRB and Pavilion A.
- Non-UKHC employees, such as those from the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, may also use the Orange Route extension and communicate with the driver for service to Agriculture Science Center North or the Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center.
- Upon the conclusion of their campus business, employees who parked in the College Way East Lot are asked to simply alert the Orange Route bus drivers that they parked in the College Way East Lot. After serving the Orange Lot, the driver will divert to the College Way Lot to drop the employee off before returning to their regular route.
- The Orange Route operates from 5 a.m. to midnight. Employees requiring shuttle service between midnight and 5 a.m. will still have access to the late night, on-demand bus service, which will also serve the College Way East Lot upon request.
Please email UK Transportation Services, if you have questions or need more information.
UK Transportation Services strives to improve the quality of life on campus by offering responsive, sustainable and reliable access to infrastructure and mobility solutions. To learn more about transportation options, follow Transportation Services on Twitter @UKParking, or visit us online at www.uky.edu/transportation.