Win a Free Bicycle or Free Burritos for a Year!
If you couldn’t make it to our K-Week introduction to bicycling on campus, you can still watch the recorded broadcast here. And if you'd love a chance to win a brand new bicycle or free burritos for a year, there's still time to enter!
The bicycle is a Momentum iNeed Street bike from Pedal Power, sponsored by UK Transportation Services, and the free burritos are from Girls Girls Girls, sponsored by Gresham Smith. Gresham Smith is preparing UK's new Bicycle Master Plan.
The Bicycle Master Plan will guide the University's bicycle efforts over the next five years. It’s designed to help achieve five major goals:
- Improve, enhance and expand the University’s existing bicycle infrastructure, programs and initiatives.
- Increase the number of students, employees and visitors who choose bicycling as their primary mode of transportation.
- Sustain momentum of previous bicycle infrastructure and program efforts and investments.
- Provide direction for the efficient and effective allocation and prioritization of campus resources for infrastructure, education and outreach initiatives.
- Sustain prominence as a nationally recognized bicycle-friendly campus and progress toward platinum-level Bicycle Friendly University designation.
You can participate in the plan and earn raffle entries by going to the project website at rideblue.ky and completing the virtual bike tour survey (10 entries) and the wikimap (five entries) when you use your UK email address. If you watched the broadcast live during K-Week, you can even skip the survey videos
Don’t delay, though, the raffle closes on Sunday, September 13, and the winners will be chosen on Tuesday, September 15. Please note that only UK students are eligible to win these prizes; they're not available for UK staff or faculty.
The project website at rideblue.ky is the best way to stay involved as the campus Bicycle Master Plan continues to evolve. Please stay tuned!
UK Transportation Services is committed to providing commuting alternatives and intra-campus mobility for UK employees, students and guests. Our team manages parking, transit, bicycle, pedestrian, e-scooter, and ride share programs – everything you need to get to, from and around campus. Thanks for coming along for the ride!
For more details about UK’s bicycle programs, visit our website and sign up for our bicycle e-news. You can also follow Wildcat Wheels Bicycle Library on Facebook.
UK Transportation Services strives to improve the quality of life on campus by offering responsive, sustainable and reliable access to infrastructure and mobility solutions. To learn more about transportation options, follow Transportation Services on Twitter @UKParking, or visit us online at www.uky.edu/transportation.