September 26, 2016
Reminder: North Campus Parking Impacts, Sept. 27-30
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) would like to remind the campus community of parking impacts to north campus slated for Tuesday, Sept. 27 through Friday, Sept. 30. The impacts are the result of various career fair events and the Big Blue Madness campout.
- The top floor of the South Limestone Garage (PS #5) will be unavailable to general parking until noon on Tuesday, Sept. 27 and until 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
- The Career Center Lot, located off Linden Walk, will be unavailable on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29.
- Approximately 130 spaces in the southeast portion of the Coliseum Lot, located behind the Joe Craft Center, will be unavailable from 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27 through midnight on Friday, Sept. 30.
- The College View Lot, adjacent to Wildcat Coal Lodge, will be unavailable from 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27 through midnight on Friday, Sept. 30.
Employees with valid E permits who typically park in these areas have several alternative parking options.
- PTS recently expanded the High Street Lot, located at the corner of High Street and S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, which is located a short walk from UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital and north campus.
- The University will provide remote park-and-ride service for impacted employees from a portion of the Lexington Center High Street parking lot, located off W. Maxwell just south of Rupp Arena. PTS will operate two buses from this lot continuously from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29, and continuously from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 30, with buses serving the lot approximately every 10 minutes. These remote lot shuttles may be tracked in real-time on uky.transloc.com or through the TransLoc Rider bus tracking app. From 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., shuttle service will be available on-demand. Employees requiring after-hours access may request a ride by calling (859) 221-RIDE (7433). Campus bus stops will be located at UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital on East Maxwell and between Blazer and Jewell Hall on Lexington Avenue, across from the Memorial Coliseum ticket office.
- Impacted employees may opt to park in other E lots in the north campus area, which include the King Alumni Lot, the Linden Walk Lot, the Reynolds Lot (E/C7) or the Scott Street or Taylor-Dickey Lots (E/C7). Visit www.uky.edu/transportation/parking-info_parking-maps to view all campus parking options.
In the event that the South Limestone Garage is at capacity on Tuesday or Wednesday, C5 permit holders may park in the C7 areas, which include the Reynolds Lot, Scott Street Lot and Taylor-Dickey Lot, or in the K areas at Commonwealth Stadium.
Students and employees who park in other north campus lots should anticipate possible increases in demand for parking in their preferred area, familiarize themselves with alternative parking options and plan their commute accordingly.
Should permit holders choose to park in the Stadium areas, they are encouraged to take advantage of the free, continual bus service of the Blue and White Routes. These buses are viewable real-time on TransLoc Rider, UK’s GPS-based bus locating system. TransLoc Rider can be accessed at uky.transloc.com and via the free Transloc Rider Android and iPhone apps.
Members of the campus community are encouraged to tune into 1700 AM (WQKH 253) to hear campus parking and transportation information. The station broadcasts 24 hours, 7 days a week.