| August 10, 2017
Move-In to Impact Travel and Parking on Campus
University of Kentucky Move-In will impact parking and transportation routes throughout the campus on three major move-in days: Saturday, Aug. 12, Thursday, Aug. 17 and Friday, Aug. 18. Area drivers are encouraged to use the WAZE app for traffic updates.
ONE-WAY STREETS: (see map)
- MLK Blvd. between Good Samaritan parking lot and Avenue of Champions: One-way southbound
- Lexington Ave. between Maxwell St. and Avenue of Champions: One-way southbound
- NOTE: Employee (E) lot entrance north of the Joe Craft Center CLOSED at Lexington Avenue; enter and exit only at Rose Street
- Avenue of Champions between Rose St. and Limestone (No Thru Traffic): One-way westbound
- Huguelet Dr. between University Dr. and Rose St.: One-way westbound
- Hilltop Ave. between University Dr. and Woodland Ave.: One-way eastbound
- Woodland Ave. between Hilltop Ave. and Columbia Ave.: One-way northbound
- Sports Center Drive between Woodland Ave. and the Employee (E) lot north of the Nutter Football Training Facility: One-way southbound
NO PARKING AREAS:
Due to the need to quickly unload vehicles near residence halls, several areas of campus will be NO PARKING zones from 12:01 a.m. to 6 p.m. on each of the Move-In days. Additionally, several streets on and bordering campus will have closures or other changes to traffic flow to accommodate Move-In. Watch for NO PARKING signs and bagged meters in these areas.
Vehicles parked in the NO PARKING areas listed below will be TOWED. Owners will be responsible for all tow-related charges. If your vehicle is towed, contact 859-257-1616.
Saturday, August 12; Thursday, August 17; Friday, August 18:
- University Drive: Both sides from Cooper Drive to Hilltop Avenue
- Complex Drive: from University Drive to Sports Center Drive
- Sports Center Drive: between Woodland Ave. and the Employee (E) lot north of the Nutter Football Training Facility
- Avenue of Champions: metered parking in front of Roselle Hall
- Martin Luther King Boulevard.: between Maxwell Street and Avenue of Champions
- Lexington Avenue: area between the Employee (E) lot entrance and Avenue of Champions
- E Lot between Kelley Building and Med Center Annex #5: the 5 spots in the lane just north of Medical Center Annex #5
- Woodland Avenue: between Hilltop Ave. and Sports Center Dr., no parking anytime
MOVE-IN PARKING AREAS: (see map)
Students and parents participating in Move-In will be permitted to park in the following designated parking areas:
- Blue Lot at Kroger Field: all 3 move-in dates listed above
- Red Lot at Kroger Field: all 3 move-in dates listed above
- Memorial Coliseum Lot: all 3 move-in dates listed above
- South Limestone Garage (PS #5): all 3 move-in dates listed above
- Green Lot at Kroger Field: Saturday, Aug. 12
- Orange Lot at Kroger Field: Saturday, Aug. 12
For more information, visit the UK Fall Move-In webpage.
Members of the campus community are encouraged to tune into 1700 AM (WQKH 253) to hear campus parking and transportation information. The station broadcasts 24 hours, 7 days a week.