Primary Permit Groups
Consists of UK and BCTC (Bluegrass Community & Technical College) commuters and residents
Consists of UK and BCTC faculty/staff, teaching assistants, UK Medical Center and VA employees, and the press
For detailed information on parking permits, please click on the appropriate link in the navigation box on the left.
What is a Parking Permit?
A parking permit shall be defined as any device issued by Parking & Transportation Services or its designee allowing access to park in a specific parking lot, zone, or area on the University of Kentucky campus. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: hangtags; adhesive window stickers; and access cards for mechanical gates.
Using a Parking Permit
- Once you receive a UK parking permit, hang the permit on your rearview mirror or display it on the left side of your dashboard in plain sight.
- Your permit can be used in any vehicle you drive, in the parking areas designated by the permit.
- Your permit is registered to you, and may not be used by anyone else.
- The permit holder must be in the vehicle when parking on campus.
- If you lend your vehicle to someone else, YOU will still be held responsible for any citation issued to it.
- All vehicles parked on campus must display a valid permit during hours that lots are controlled.
- Do not assume that because other cars are parked illegally that you may do so also.
- Do not park on yellow lines, fire lanes, etc., with hazard lights flashing; this will not prevent you from receiving a citation.
- Forgotten Permits: If you forget your permit, you may obtain a temporary day pass at Parking Services (Parking control officers and gate attendants cannot issue a temporary pass to you). Should you forget your permit and receive a citation, Parking Services will void one citation each fiscal year if the citation is delivered to the Parking Office within ten days of the date the ticket was given.
- Students: If you graduate in December or withdraw from classes, you return your permit to Parking Services. We will refund your permit fee in appropriate situations on a pro rata scale.
- Employees: If you terminate employment with the University, you must return your permit to Parking Services immediately upon termination in order to be removed from payroll or to receive a refund. Any vehicle parked on campus displaying a permit of a terminated employee is subject to a citation and/or impoundment at the owner's expense.
Permit Loss or Theft
If you lose or damage your permit or if someone steals it, be sure to contact PTS quickly. Your lost or stolen permit will be listed on a "hot sheet," and any vehicle caught using it will be impounded and the owner fined.
Permit replacement fee: $15.00
IMPORTANT: If you find your own permit after reporting it lost or stolen, immediately turn it in to PTS. DO NOT USE IT AGAIN! Also, don't use any other permit you might find or that you might get from someone other than Parking Services. If it has been reported lost or stolen or issued to another individual, you will be fined for using it, and your vehicle will be impounded.
Share The Road
Lexington and the University of Kentucky have partnered with the Share the Road campaign, which promotes safe and courteous interactions between bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists. The educational blitz will help motorists be better educated about bicycle safety and more aware of cyclists. Learn more at transportation.ky.gov/share-the-road/Pages/default.aspx.