Motorcycles and Motor Scooters

Motorcycles and Motor Scooters

Operating a Motorcycle/Motor Scooter on Campus

Pursuant to Kentucky Revised Statute 189.285 and the University of Kentucky Vehicle, Parking & Permit Regulations, motorcycles and motor scooters shall not be operated on pedestrian walkways or sidewalks, within University buildings or other areas where prohibited by law, regulations or signs.

Motorcycle/Motor Scooter Parking

Motorcycles and motor scooters parking on campus must have a valid University of Kentucky parking permit and are only authorized to use designated motorcycle/motor scooter parking areas. These areas are conveniently located throughout campus and are marked by the presence of signage, green lines or both. Motorcycles and motor scooters may also park in paid metered spaces.

Parking Map - Motorcycle/Motor Scooter Spaces

arrow_downloadParking Map - Motorcycle/Motor Scooter Permit Parking Map (PDF Format)

Motor scooters and motorcycles are not authorized to park at bicycle racks, or in any area that is not listed above.

Motorcycles and motor scooters may only enter and exit a parking structure with designated motorcycle permit parking. These vehicles must utilize gate-controlled lots or garages through the designated motorcycle lane.

Motorcycle / Motor Scooter Parking Permits

Motorcycle and motor scooter owners must either purchase a motorcycle/motor scooter (M) permit or have a valid E, R, C, K or Off-Peak permit to be able to park on campus in designated motorcycle/motor scooter parking spaces or areas. Motorcycles and motor scooters owners must adhere their M permit in a visible location near the rear of the vehicle, or suspend their M, E, C, R, K or Off-Peak permit from the handlebars or frame in a Transportation Services-issued permit sleeve. The permit sleeve, cable and lock are provided at no fee with the purchase of a permit.

Current M permit prices can be found on the Employee Permit Fee Schedule and UK Student Parking Options and BCTC Student Parking Options.

First-time M permit registrants must register their vehicle in person at the Transportation Services office in the Press Avenue Garage (721 Press Avenue). Only renewals are available online.