MenuMenu Image

Academic Units

How do I create a Senate proposal that pertains to an academic unit (school, department, college, center, etc.)?

The University Senate must be consulted in situations where there is a creation of a new academic unit, consolidation of existing academic units, significant reduction (or shuttering) of a unit, and transfer of a degree program from one unit to another academic unit. All of these proposals take similar but different approval paths.

Please click the phrase below that best describes what you want to do.

I want to change the name of my academic unit.

I want to create a new academic unit without affecting any existing academic units.

I want to create a new academic unit by splitting an existing academic unit or by combining two or more academic units.

I want to move a degree program to another academic unit.