- How Do I?
- Add Student To Degree List
- College and Department Rules
- Create Senate Proposal
- Ex Officio Voting Rights
- Faculty-Related Links
- Faculty's Evaluation of the President
- Learn About University Senate
- University Senate Rules
- University Ad Hoc Committees
- Newsletter Archives
- Deans & Chairs
Add Student to Future Degree List: Administrative Error
How do I add a student to a future degree list? The student did everything right but the student is not on the list due to an administrative error by a staff or faculty employee.
A petition to add a student to a future degree list because of an error made by a UK staff or faculty employee must be sent by the dean’s office to the Senate Council (SC) office.
Please send an email to Sheila Brothers (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the SC office requesting review of the petition. You must attach a one-page memo that contains the information listed below. Please do not use passive voice in the memo.
- Student’s full name.
- Student’s UKID.
- Student’s degree and major.
- Degree list on which the student should have been included (such as “December 2017” or “second August list for 2018”).
- Explicit description of the nature and circumstance of the administrative error. (Simply stating that “there was an administrative error” or “the degree application was not entered” is insufficient.)
The SC Chair will present the request to the SC and to the University Senate. If questions arise that cannot be answered via the information in the memo, the item will likely be tabled and SC staff will schedule you to attend the next possible agenda.
If the SC and/or Senate is not in session, or if the petition cannot wait until the next meeting of either body, the SC Chair is responsible for considering the merits of the request, on behalf of both bodies (per SR 22.214.171.124.D.1. The SC Chair will report the decision to the SC and Senate when they next meet.
If approved, SC office staff will ensure that the name is added to the list that will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees.