- How Do I?
- Add Student To Degree List
- College and Department Rules
- Create Senate Proposal
- Ex Officio Voting Rights
- Faculty-Related Links
- Faculty's Evaluation of the President
- Learn About University Senate
- University Senate Rules
- University Ad Hoc Committees
- Newsletter Archives
- Deans & Chairs
Disability Accommodation and Compliance
- Chair: Kristin Maxwell, '19
- Donna Amaral-Phillips, '19
- Mark Kightlinger, '19
- Robyn Brown, '21
- Jennifer Pusateri, ex officio voting, Designee of Director for Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT)
- Joe McGillis, ex officio non-voting, Ombud
- David Beach, ex officio non-voting, Director of the Disability Resource Center (DRC)
- Leisa Pickering, ex officio non-voting, DRC Learning Specialist
- Heather Roop, ex officio non-voting, designee for Associate Vice President for Institutional Equity
Senate Rules 126.96.36.199
The SACDAC is a standing committee of the University Senate. The voting members of the SACDAC are the Director of the Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT), or that person's designee, and four University Faculty members appointed by the Senate Council. The four University Faculty members shall serve staggered three-year terms. Ex officio, non-voting members of the Committee are the Academic Ombud, the Director of the Disability Resource Center (DRC), a DRC learning specialist, and the Associate Vice President for Institutional Equity or that person's designee. The committee shall be chaired by one of the four appointed University Faculty members. The SACDAC is responsible for recommending educational policy within general guidelines established by the University Senate.
The SACDAC is charged to:
- Recommend to the Senate Council educational policies and implementation practices that appropriately address the accommodations standards stipulated in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Law and Sections 504/508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 for students who have documented disabilities.
- Hear and render decisions on issues from faculty members or the DRC pertaining to the implementation of educational policies as they relate to practices for disability accommodation and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor the alignment between the University Senate's educational policies and Federal compliance and accommodation regulations, and recommend educational policy revisions, as warranted.
- Issue an annual report on the work of the SACDAC for consideration by the Senate Council, the University Senate and the wider University community.