- How Do I?
- Add Student To Degree List
- College and Department Rules
- Create Senate Proposal
- Ex Officio Voting Rights
- Faculty-Related Links
- Faculty's Evaluation of the President
- Learn About University Senate
- University Senate Rules
- University Ad Hoc Committees
- Newsletter Archives
- Deans & Chairs
Distance Learning and e-Learning
- Chair: Roger Brown, '19
- Chris Flaherty (SW), '21
- Francisco Andrade (ME/Physiology), '20
- Yuha Jung (FA/Arts Administration), '22
- Shannon Oltmann (CI/Information Science), '22
- Simon Sheather (BE, dean), '20
- Elizabeth Tovar (NU), '22
- Jennifer Pusateri (Ctr for Enhancement of Learning & Teaching, universal design specialist), ex officio
- Miranda Hines (Distance Learning Programs), ex officio
Senate Rules 188.8.131.52
Identify, assess and address issues related to distance learning* and eLearning* and make recommendations to the University Senate for policies. Specifically, the committee's activities shall include the following areas:
- Identify issues related to distance learning and eLearning and recommend policies.
- Monitor and respond to the University Senate concerning SACS, state and federal regulations related to distance learning and eLearning.
- Recommend strategies for dissemination of distance learning and eLearning issues and policies.
- Recommend strategies for effective implementation of distance learning and eLearning.
- Collaborate with other UK groups/committees on issues related to distance learning and eLearning as appropriate.
*For the purposes of this rule, the following definitions shall apply:
Distance Learning - A formal educational process in which the majority of the instruction (interaction between students and instructors and among students) in a course occurs when students and instructors are not in the same place. Instruction may be synchronous or asynchronous.
eLearning - A broad combination of processes, content, and infrastructure to use computers and networks to scale and/or improve one or more significant parts of a learning value chain, including management and delivery