- How Do I?
- Add Student To Degree List
- College and Department Rules
- Create Senate Proposal
- Ex Officio Voting Rights
- Faculty-Related Links
- Faculty's Evaluation of the President
- Learn About University Senate
- University Senate Rules
- University Ad Hoc Committees
- Newsletter Archives
- Deans & Chairs
Meeting of the:
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Agenda is Below:
(LOCATION CHANGE: SC will be meeting in the Lexmark Public Room, 209 Main Building.)
- Vice President for Research James Tracy: Presentation on "Competing in the Era of Big Bets: Achieving Scale in Multidisciplinary Research"
- Minutes and Announcements
- Proposed Ad Hoc Committees from May 27, 2010 Retreat (PDF)
- Communication between Senators and Home Departments/Colleges
- Listservs; Office of the Senate Council "Senate Information List" Emails; Provide Each Senator with All Respective College's Senators/Email Addresses
- Goals for the Senate Council and University Senate
- Senate Council Members' Proposed Goals
- Governance Over the Summer - "Rapid Response Team"
- Creation of Strategic Plan for University Senate
- Specific Committee Charges (Suggestions from May Retreat: PDF)
- Senate's Academic Organization and Structure: "What Constitutes a Significant Reduction for Educational Programs?" (Senate Rules 3.3.2)
- Senate's Academic Advising Committee: "Set Standards for Academic Advising in Conjunction with Advising Network"
- TBD Senate Committee: "Time Requirements for Faculty Participation in Committee Activities and Possible Proposal of Formal DOE Allocations for Effective Service"
- TBD Senate Committee: "Teacher/Course Evaluations - "Validity of Questions and Validity of Scale Used"
- UK Research Foundation Update - Chair Swanson