Family Members

The University understands the important role that family members play in the support and success of our veterans. The Veterans Resource Center extends its services to those family members in order to assist them in reaching their academic goals.

Post 9/11 GI Bill®

With the passing of the new Post 9/11 GI Bill® more and more veterans are taking advantage of the opportunity to "transfer" their educational benefits to one or more of their dependents. The veteran must submit the application online at or complete the form in our office in room 2 Erikson Hall. The VA, and NOT the University, is the approval authority for the request.


As of 1 July 2009, members of the Armed Forces serving on active duty for a period of more than 30 days will be charged in-state tuition. This also applies to the spouse and dependent children of the service member. House Resolution 4137 ensures that service members are not penalized for relocating for military service. If you are currently serving in Kentucky or if your permanent duty station or home of record is Kentucky, you will be charged in-state tuition for the duration for your continuous enrollment. The student simply needs to complete a Residency Form available in the Admissions Office and the VRC.

UK Participates in Military Spouse Career Advancement

The University of Kentucky has joined forces with Military One Source to assist military spouses looking to further their education or complete their degree. Find information on how to enroll in MYCAA at Wendy Christian is the billing coordinator for this program and can be reached at or 859-257-3406 ext 271.