WiFi Help > Campus Students, Faculty, & Staff
What is eduroam?
Students, Faculty, and Staff of the University of Kentucky as well as visitors from participating higher education institutions should utilize eduroam, a secure and encrypted WiFi network providing enterprise-level Internet access, as their primary WiFi network on campus.
Connect to eduroam
There are two ways to connect to eduroam: manual device configuration or the certificate onboarding process.
Certificate Onboarding for eduroam
Please Note: The eduroam certificate will expire every five years. You will need to perform setup again to renew. A notification via email is normally sent out when it's time to renew.
Certificate Onboarding Instructions
Manual Device Configuration
To configure your device manually, please see the links below for your device's operating system.
Please Note: You will have to reconnect to eduroam manually after updating your linkblue password.
- Download eduroam Marketing Materials
Download to print & post or watch on-demand!
- Manual Connection Quickstart Guides
- Certificate Onboarding Instructional Flyers
- Certificate Onboarding How-To Videos
- Onboarding Instructional Poster
- Social Media (rectangle)
- Social Media (square)
- Other FAQs
- What are the differences between manual configuration and onboarding via certificate?
- How often do I need to renew my eduroam certificate?
- When I connect to eduroam with credentials from another institution, what level of access do I have?
- When I connect to eduroam with my linkblue account, what level of access do I have?
- Why is my device disconnecting from eduroam as I walk around campus?
- My device is unable to connect to eduroam. How can I access UK's network?