WiFi Help > Students, Faculty, & Staff
What is eduroam?
Students, Faculty, and Staff of the University of Kentucky as well as visitors from participating higher education institutions should utilize eduroam, a secure and encrypted WiFi network providing enterprise-level Internet access, as their primary WiFi network on campus.
Connect to eduroam
There are two ways to connect to eduroam: manual device configuration or the certificate onboarding process.
Manual Device Configuration
To configure your device manually, please see the links below for your device's operating system.
Please Note: You will have to reconnect to eduroam manually after updating your linkblue password.
Certificate Onboarding for eduroam
Please Note: The eduroam certificate will expire every five years. You will need to perform setup again to renew. A notification via email is normally sent out when it's time to renew.
Certificate Onboarding Instructions
- Download eduroam Marketing Materials
Download to print & post or watch on-demand!
- Manual Connection Quickstart Guides
- Certificate Onboarding Instructional Flyers
- Certificate Onboarding How-To Videos
- Onboarding Instructional Poster
- Social Media (rectangle)
- Social Media (square)
- What campus locations use eduroam?
See where you can connect to eduroam on campus.
- Other FAQs
- What are the differences between manual configuration and onboarding via certificate?
- How often do I need to renew my eduroam certificate?
- When I connect to eduroam with credentials from another institution, what level of access do I have?
- When I connect to eduroam with my linkblue account, what level of access do I have?
- Why is my device disconnecting from eduroam as I walk around campus?
- My device is unable to connect to eduroam. How can I access UK's network?