Women's Forum Nominations Open
2018-2020 Board Nominations
We are now accepting self nominations for our 2018-2020 board term through April 27, 2018. Elections will take place May 7-25.
The Women's Forum offers professional development and educational presentations the third Tuesday of every month (except June), in the W.T. Young Library. All general members are strongly encouraged to attend, but the presentations are open to all UK faculty and staff. Please feel free to invite your colleagues. Elected Board members serve a 2 year term. Board elections take place every April/May in conjuction with the UK Staff Senate elections. Board members must be able to attend the monthly board meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 11:30am-1pm in the WTY Library Gallery Room and the annual planning retreat held each June.
Become a Board Member
Click here to email our Current Chair, Lynn Hiler, about becoming a Board Member
There are many reasons to join:
- Being among outstanding women and men who dedicate themselves to making UK a better place to work
- Enhancing leadership and teamwork skills
- Participating in networking opportunities with a diverse group of individuals
- Celebrating the uniqueness of all women at UK
- Having the opportunity to be involved in the Sarah Bennett Holmes Award and Luncheon
- Developing new contributions to the annual Women’s Forum Conference
- Participating in the Employee Educational Assistance Awards program, which bestows scholarships for continuing education among UK employees
Become a General Member
Click here to email our Past Chair, Lisa Lockman, about becoming a General Member.
General members are recruited or self-appointed and they are encouraged to serve on one or more committees, including Programs, Communications, Sarah Bennett Holmes and Conference. If general members elect to serve on a committee, they will meet monthly within their committees and are encouraged to attend the monthly Board meetings.