D. Stephen Voss
Non-Teaching Work Experience
Aside from political-science research work, I have extensive
experience with publishing and political journalism. I also
worked for years in low-prestige minimum wage jobs.
Thanks for visiting! My email:
- '90-'98 - Research assistant for Harvard
Professors Derek Bok, Gary King, and Paul Peterson.
- '92 Summer - As research assistant to
Professor Gary King, participated in consulting
work for Baker and Hostetler legal firm on
redistricting case, New York state.
- '91 Summer - Editor-in-Chief for Let's
Go: USA (1992 edition), the year's best-selling travel guide
for the entire United States.
- '90 Summer - Legislative Aide to Louisiana
State Sen. Sydney Nelson, D-Shreveport, a floorleader for then-Gov.
- '88-'90 - Capitol Intern Reporter for Gannett
News Service (i.e., USA Today, Times at Shreveport
and Monroe News-Star).
- '86-'89 - Editor-in-Chief, Assistant Editor,
Staff Writer, Reporter and Columnist for the Daily Reveille
- '88 Summer - Technical Assistant and
clerk for the Knight-Ridder bureau at the
Republican National Convention.
- '86 Summer - Intern reporter with the
West Bank Guide, part of Cox Newspapers.
- '80-'86 - Various minimum-wage jobs:
janitorial maintenance, dishwasher, warehouse clerk, floor
salesman, night cashier, lawn care.
Back to curriculum vitae
Back to Home Page