Our existing stadium was built in 1973 and is in need of upgrades and expansion to better accommodate the students, fans, and players. This expansion will provide new premium seating with revenue generating opportunities, improving the overall operational effectiveness and enhancing the fan experience.
Within the scope of this project will be many upgrades that will allow UK to lure the best student athletes to our campus. Playing in the Southeastern Conference provides great challenges for our coaches and teams; but being able to have the best high school student athletes become Wildcats gives us the chance to compete. The renovations to the stadium will be a major step forward to increase our chances of recruiting these players. These enhancements will assist in continuing to provide our department the ability to fund our other 21 varsity sports at the highest level.
The Athletics Department is a self-supporting unit and we compete in the best League in the country. The Southeastern Conference has expanded to fourteen (14) teams in recent months. This expansion, along with increased television revenue will provide us with increased League revenue in our sharing agreement. This influx of new revenue will allow us to cash flow this and other campus projects.
Project at a Glance
- Upgrades to the Nutter Training Center for the daily benefit of the Student Athletes
- Spectator driven improvements (improved concessions, restrooms, and security)
- Multi-purpose recruiting room
- 16 - 20 Private suites
- New home team facilities
- Approximately 2,000 new club seats
- New press facilities
- A team store
- New full service kitchen
- Improve the UK brand at the stadium
- Maintain or slightly reduce seating capacity while increasing the value of the remaining seats