The University of Kentucky has an emergency notification system, UK Alert, to communicate official information during an emergency or crisis situation that may disrupt normal operations (including weather-related delays) or affect the health or safety of the campus community. The UK Alert system can quickly send updates to multiple e-mail addresses, phones or mobile devices.
All University of Kentucky students, staff, and faculty are automatically registered in UK Alert with their official university e-mail address. If you wish to receive alerts only via your UK e-mail address, no further action is needed on your part. You may add additional contact information to receive simultaneous messaging at other locations, including your home phone or mobile device.
1) Click on the "UK Accounts and Services" menu item under the "Employee Self-Service" tab.
2) Click on the "UK Alert" link under the UK Services heading.
If you are accessing the UK Alert system for the first time, you may be required to download the UK Alert /Get Rave software (Trouble downloading? Contact your department IT professional or call the IT Help Desk at 218-HELP).
2) Once the UK Alert window displays, you may add contacts in one or more categories (as shown below). UK employees will automatically have their UK e-mail addresses listed as a point of contact for e-mail alerts.
Note: Any number listed in the “mobile contacts” field will automatically receive a text (SMS) message with the option to also receive a phone call. If you would like to receive a voice/audio alert ONLY, delete your number from the “mobile contacts” field and list it instead in the “Voice Only Line Contacts” field.
ESS Feature Guide
- NEW! Enter Working Time (Time Entry)
- NEW! Submit Leave Requests
- NEW! FAQ - Time Entry/Leave Requests
- NEW! Time Entry/Leave Requests for Time Administrators
- Addresses - Update Work & Home
- Bank Information
- Benefits Enrollment (New Employee)
- CRISIS Program Enrollment
- Family Members/Dependents
- Search for Employees
- Leave Balances (Working Time)
- Life Insurance
- Participation Overview (Benefits)
- Paycheck Inquiry
- Personal Data
- Retirement - Mandatory
- Retirement - Voluntary
- Tax Withholding (W4, K4)
- Total Compensation Statement
- Training Registration
- UK Alert
- UK HealthCare Mandatory
Need to report a problem or error you find in myUK Employee Manager Self-Service or Employee Self-Service?