The mission of the University of Kentucky Health & Wellness Program is to improve the health of the University community through education, individual empowerment and intervention.
In general, only University of Kentucky employees, retirees, spouses, and sponsored dependents are eligible to participate. Central Kentucky Medical Services (CKMS) employees are also eligible. Some programs have more specific eligibility criteria. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact the UK Health & Wellness office at 257-9355.
UK Health & Wellness programs are part of your employee/retiree benefits. Many of our programs and services are free, and the rest are offered at minimal charge. For example, membership in Body Shop Fitness costs only $7 per month. Plus, through the Healthtrac Rewards Program, UK employees, retirees and their spouses or sponsored dependents enrolled in a University health plan can EARN up to $180 per fiscal year by participating. Individual program fees vary and are subject to change. Please check the individual program Web site for more information.
- Free Health Screenings - Wellness On Wheels is a FREE mobile health screening. Twenty-minute appointments are scheduled at various campus locations throughout the year. Appointments consist of tests for non-fasting cholesterol, glucose and triglycerides, height, weight, blood pressure, body fat percentage, and waist circumference.
- Stress Management - Stress is an unavoidable part of our lives and how we deal with it is an increasingly important part of our health care. UK Health & Wellness offers the benefits of therapeutic chair massage. We also hold an annual Wellness Conference focused on health and relaxation. Other stress management programming may be held throughout the year.
Body Shop Fitness
Join us at Body Shop Fitness! Let us help you unlock the secret to longevity and energy. We offer two well-equipped campus fitness centers and a variety of group exercise classes. Our highly qualified staff will work with you to develop personalized exercise goals and strategies. Affordable, convenient and effective - check out the Body Shop today!
For a complete schedule of classes and gym hours click here.
Our nutrition programs include:
- Our FREE Nutrition Consults offer you the expertise of our registered dietitians, who provide practical and up-to-date advice.
- Weight Loss Matters is a 10-week program that allows you to set your own goals, then work toward meeting those goals with the help of our registered dietitians.
- Healthy cooking classes and other special events are offered throughout the year.
The Behavioral Health Improvement Plan (BeH.I.P.) is a phone-based health coaching program that provides you with highly personalized, one-on-one phone coaching over 8-12 months, combined with award-winning health education materials to help guide long-lasting behavior change. BeH.I.P. is FREE for University of Kentucky employees, retirees, spouses, and sponsored dependents.
BeH.I.P. programs offered are:
- Weight Management
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Cholesterol Management
- Blood Pressure Management
- Back Care
UK Health & Wellness offers FREE Tobacco Cessation Coaching via a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist to help YOU successfully quit tobacco. Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to eligible participants enrolled in this program.
You will work with your coach to:
- Establish a support system for tobacco cessation, identify behaviors that inhibit tobacco cessation, and create a plan to quit.
- Get information and support on how to quit and stay quit.
- Get free nicotine replacement patches, gum, or lozenges.
- Explore options, including medications and behavior changes, and pick strategies that work for you!
Regular employees (0.5 - 1.0 full-time equivalency) and their spouses/sponsored dependents may participate. UK retirees and their spouses/sponsored dependentsmay also participate.
What's the next step?
Click here to schedule an appointment with a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
Amy Rodquist-Kodet, MA, CHWC, is a Tobacco Cessation Health Coach for UK Health and Wellness. She earned her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota in Speech Communications & Urban Studies. She has a Master’s degree in Holistic Health Studies from St. Catherine University. Amy is passionate about supporting individuals as they access their strengths to launch and achieve their goals, allowing them to live more fully on every level.
For more tobacco cessation resources click here.
UK Healthtrac Rewards makes good health pay. It is an easy-to-use, online health improvement program that offers you an overview of your current health status and feedback specific to your health needs. UK Healthtrac Rewards is a partnership among your University Health Plans, UK Health & Wellness and StayWell Health Management, designed to help you become more aware of your health and involved in improving your overall health, while earning up to $180 per fiscal year for your participation.
Health Literacy 101
Health Literacy 101 contains tools and resources to help you become a more informed consumer of your health benefits. The tools are designed to help you find a health plan that best suits your needs.
- Health Benefits 101: An introductory program designed to help you understand the major differences between health plans offered at UK.
- Decision Support Tool: Designed to help you compare health plans by creating an estimate of your total yearly out-of-pocket expenses. Building a health plan estimate will help you make a more financially informed decision about your health plan.