Getting Connected in Locations that Use UKYEDU Wi-Fi and Ethernet
This page is intended to help residents of residence halls that use UKYEDU Wi-Fi and Ethernet ports for Internet access. These include:
- Baldwin Hall
- Ingels Hall
- Phi Sigma Kappa House
- Roselle Hall
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon House
- Smith Hall
- Wildcat Coal Lodge (device registration is not required)
If your building was not listed, please check our supported buildings list.
Wired connections require an Ethernet cable (also called CAT5 or CAT6 cable). These cables can be purchased wherever electronics are sold. ResNet also has limited quantities available to borrow, during your stay, at our office located at 303 Commons. If you already have an Ethernet cable, follow these steps to get connected:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your computer or Ethernet-ready device to the Ethernet port nearest you.
- If this is your first time using an Ethernet cable in your room, you will need to register your computer or device before you can connect to ResNet. Please see our instructions for registering for more information.
- If you are unable to load the registration page or websites after successfully registering, please consult our troubleshooting instructions for more information.
The buildings listed above use UKYEDU and UKYEDU-Secure wireless networks. The UKYEDU wireless networks do not require one to register their computers or wireless devices.
- UKYEDU: Connect your computer or device to the UKYEDU wireless network. UKYEDU does not require any login information. Simply connect to it to get online.
- UKYEDU-Secure: If you would like to have an encrypted connection, use UKYEDU-Secure. Please note: devices without web browsers will be unable to use this network.
- Connect your device to UKYEDU-Secure.
- When asked for a password to join, enter "ukyedusecure" (without quotes).
- Open your web browser to any website and enter your Link Blue credentials when prompted.
- You should now be online. Please note: Each time one connects to UKYEDU-Secure, you must login using your Link Blue credentials again.
- If you have any problems connecting please contact us at 859-323-4948 (press 2). For further information on available wireless networks around campus, please check out UK's Wireless Network Access page.
Each room has a cable mini-box that allows you to receive cable TV programming. To set up your television to work with the cable mini-box, please see Time Warner Cable's Setup Guide (requires a PDF reader to view).
If you have any issues with the cable mini-box or remote or would like to purchase additional content or services, call their toll-free number for UK support at 855-330-3126.