Would you like to work with computers and meet new people?
Beginning April 1, 2013, ResNet will be hiring UK students for temporary positions. We will be hiring students to work as ResNet Consultants, who will help students living in UK Campus Housing connect to the Internet during the first 2 weeks of the Fall 2013 semester.
ResNet needs consultants to work in the ResNet Call Center as well as on-site, providing troubleshooting help to students over the phone and helping students in their residence hall rooms and apartments. Experience is preferred, but not required; we will train you during our mandatory paid training week!
The Ideal ResNet Consultant should:
- Have a positive attitude
- Have great communication skills
- Have a sense of humor
- Be comfortable around computers
- Be willing to learn about computers and networks
The benefits of being a ResNet Consultant:
- Earn $8.00 an hour
- Meet lots of new people
- Flexible work schedules based on your availability
- Work on campus
- Get paid while you learn at our mandatory paid training week
- A fun work environment!
- Be a UK student enrolled for at least 6 hours per semester
- Have a grade point average of at least 2.0
- Attend all training sessions during the mandatory one-week paid training to be held the week before classes begin
- Work during move-in weekend
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming part of the ResNet team, you can apply for a position beginning April 1, 2013 by completing the following steps:
- Read the job requirements listed above and make sure you are eligible to apply for a position with ResNet.
- Look at the available interview dates below to find the date that works best for you.
- Go to the UK Jobs site at http://ukjobs.uky.edu and click and click "Student Jobs." Search the job postings for the "Temporary ResNet Consultant" position and apply for this position.
- Create/Update your application and apply for the position by July 14, 2013.
- Attend an interview as indicated on your application. Please note that if you have previously worked for ResNet, you do not need to attend an interview.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an interview. Open interviews will be held in June and July during summer advising at the ResNet table in the Whitehall Classroom Building.* No appointment is necessary, but you must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the ending time to be ensured an interview that day. Current students who will not be in the Lexington area during June or July should request an interview for some time in April.
April Interviews - By Appointment Only
- For students enrolled in the Spring 2013 semester that will not be in the Lexington area in June or July.
- Please indicate when you will be available on your employment application.
*Interviews are also available by appointment prior to the application deadline if it is not possible for you to attend during one of the open interview days. Please indicate your availability on your employment application.