Maps and GIS
- GIS Data
- Links to the best GIS data we know, whether KGS or someplace else.
- Mapping and GIS Research
- Summaries of KGS GIS mapping and research projects.
- Search for Published KGS Maps and Data
- Search for KGS publications, maps, and data on oil and gas, water, coal, etc.
- Instructions: connecting to KGS map services using desktop GIS
- Connect to KGS map data in your desktop GIS (e.g. ArcMap) without having to download data.
- Map and GIS Information
- Links to all kinds of maps, GIS data, and GIS information.
- Geologic Map Information Service
- Interactive and customizable geologic maps with links to related data.
The link above takes you to the new (ArcGIS Server) version. Click here to open the original (ArcIMS) version.
- County Land-Use Planning Maps
- Links to KGS land-use planning maps for Kentucky counties.
- Internet Map Services
- Links to online map services hosted by KGS and other Kentucky agencies and groups.
- Search for geographic areas in Kentucky and link to data and map web services for the same area.
- Topographic and Geologic Index Maps
- Index maps and links to data.
- New Mapping and GIS Products at KGS
- Learn about the latest map and GIS products at KGS.
- Digitally Vectorized Geologic Quadrangles (DVGQ's)
- 7.5-minute geologic map data for GIS.
The external links in these pages may open in a new browser window. If a new browser window has been opened and the Back button is not available, close the new window to return to these KGS pages.