UK Human Resources
The Hiring Process - What to Expect
What You Need to Know:
Your University of Kentucky career starts here. You'll find a wide array of opportunities on our site, in areas that reflect the tremendous diversity of our campus. Apply online at UK Jobs for most positons. To begin, you simply create a profile and a core application that you may submit for consideration now and in the future. Please note that though some faculty positions may be found in our online system, others may be listed on individual college web pages.
Apply for a Job
- Go to UK Jobs
- Create your application
- Search for available positions
- Apply for positions
We are here to help. If you have any issues or questions regarding a posting or the hiring process, please contact Human Resources » . You can also print this guide to applying for UK Jobs online (PDF).
After You've Applied
Once you submit an online application, what should you expect? Here are a few notes:
- The time period for receiving more information about your application status varies widely; however, if you have been selected as a potential candidate that news will typically arrive within 4-6 weeks.
- If you are selected as a potential candidate, you will receive a standardized email from us simply letting you know that your resume has been forwarded to the hiring official.
- Initial interviews are typical held over the phone and further interviews will be in person and may involve a panel interview.
Here's what happens after you are offered a job at UK:
- Your offer will be contingent upon completion of a pre-employment screening process (pre-employment national background check for all employees, plus pre-employment drug screening for UK HealthCare employees). Learn more ».
- You will need complete the federal I-9 form process (with required documentation) and drug screening form. Find out what to bring »
- You will need to set up direct deposit, which is required for all paychecks for UK employees »
- Generally speaking, you will need to visit Scovell Hall to complete an I-9 form (and any other required documentation). Find it »
After you are hired, you will need to complete New Employee Orientation, also called NEO. You can get much more information on our New Employee Welcome page »
If you were not offered a job at UK, you are welcome to continue applying for jobs as often as you like. Good luck!