UK Human Resources
Policy # 18.0 Archived Version:
Note: This is not a current version of the policy. View current version. »
The University recognizes a staff employee may be employed outside of the University.
1) A staff employee may be employed outside the University as long as the employee adheres to the following requirements.
Outside employment shall not
- Coincide or conflict with hours of scheduled work at the University;
- Conflict with job responsibilities or affect the employee’s ability to perform satisfactorily at the University;
- Cause an employee to arrive late for, or leave early from, any scheduled shift or work hours in the University job; and/or
- Constitute a conflict with University interest.
2) A staff employee may perform outside employment while on vacation, holiday or special leave as long as the outside employment does not constitute a conflict of interest with the University.
1) Compliance with this policy is the responsibility of the employee who seeks outside employment. It is recommended the employee inform the department of outside employment.
2) When a supervisor has reason to believe an employee’s outside employment is in violation of this policy, the supervisor shall consult with the Human Resources Office of Employee Relations.