Policy # 100.0 Archived Version:
Note: This is not a current version of the policy. View current version. »
The University of Kentucky is obligated by law to provide unemployment insurance benefits to eligible former employees.
1) Except for employment situations specifically exempted by state law, regular and temporary employees are covered by the provisions of the law.
2) The Human Resources Office of Unemployment Insurance is responsible for administering the Unemployment Insurance Program for the employees of the University of Kentucky.
1) A claimant’s eligibility for Unemployment Insurance is determined solely by the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training - Division of Unemployment Insurance.
2) Responding to unemployment insurance claims is the exclusive responsibility of the University’s Unemployment Insurance Office.
- University departments shall not release information regarding an employee’s separation, except to appropriate University departments (i.e. Human Resources Offices of Unemployment Insurance and Employee Relations, Legal Counsel etc.).
3) The Lexington Office of the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training - Division of Unemployment Insurance has been instructed to send all UK claims directly to the University’s Unemployment Insurance Office. If any University department receives an unemployment claim, that claim shall be faxed or hand-delivered to the University’s Unemployment Insurance Office as soon as possible.
4) University departments shall fully cooperate with the University’s Unemployment Insurance Office by providing documentation of the employee’s
- Condition of employment,
- Work record,
- Performance, and
5) University employees may be needed to appear at unemployment hearings as witnesses. When an employee is needed, they will be notified by the University’s Unemployment Insurance Office.
6) Each department within the University shall comply with the University’s Unemployment Insurance Office to ensure that unemployment claims are handled within statutory time limitations.