UK Human Resources
Work+Life Connections Counseling
What You Need to Know:
Work+Life Connections is a voluntary, confidential counseling and referral service that provides support for UK individuals and families. This benefit includes free and reduced-fee counseling with a licensed therapist. Additionally, we offer training for supervisors and departments on topics ranging from managing stress to processing grief to helping prevent suicide. Please see below for how to schedule an appointment with each of our counselors.
Work+Life Connections Individual and Family Counseling
Individual counseling through Work + Life Connections is a voluntary, confidential benefit that offers five (5) free sessions with our licensed and certified therapist. All faculty, regular staff (FTE 0.50 or greater), spouses, sponsored dependents, unmarried children up to the age of 26 (or older if disabled before the age of 26) and UK retirees are eligible. Please note that "Family Counseling" does not include couples or marriage counseling. We encourage you to contact the REFER Counseling Service (UK Family Center) for counseling provided by UK graduate students or a local, licensed marriage and family therapist.
The following are some reasons you might want to schedule an appointment for counseling:
- Depression, anxiety, grief and other mental health concerns
- Parenting, divorce, separation or family concerns
- Stress management/relaxation skills
- Work performance difficulties
- Alcohol or drug concerns and assessments for self or family
- Dealing with and learning about new emotional or physical health diagnosis
- Communication issues
- Crisis and grief counseling (for individuals and departments)
Ann Bassoni, LCSW
Work+LIfe Connections Therapist
Phone: (859) 257-9433
Phone: (859) 257-8763
Returning clients can now schedule appointments online. Please read the information here before using this new online option for the first time.
If you are experiencing an emergency call 911 now! 24 hour hotlines are available to assist you with a variety of situations:
- Comprehensive Care Crisis Line: 1-800-928-8000 (24hrs/day)
- Bluegrass Domestic Violence 24 hour crisis line: 1-800-544-2022
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center 24/7 hotline: 1-800-656-4673 or (859) 253-2511
- Domestic Violence & Child Abuse Hotline: (859) 245-5258 or Toll Free 1-800-752-6200
- Alcoholics Anonymous: (859) 276-2917
- Al-Anon: (859) 277-1877
- Narcotics Anonymous: (859) 253-4673
- LFUCG Division of Police: (859) 258-3600
- University of Kentucky Police: (859) 257-1616
- Fayette County Sheriff's Office: (859) 252-1771
In addition to the list above, additional resources are listed below that may be of help to you as well.