Work+Life Connections Counseling
What You Need to Know:
We are a free, voluntary, confidential benefit. All faculty, regular employees (FTE 0.50 or greater), spouses, sponsored dependents, unmarried children up to the age of 26 (or older if disabled before the age of 26) and UK retirees are eligible for up to five free sessions. Additionally, we offer training for supervisors and departments, workshops on topics such as stress management, and support groups such as the Parenting Connection Group.
Work+Life Connections Counseling & Referral
We are a free, voluntary, confidential benefit. All faculty, regular employees (FTE 0.50 or greater), spouses, sponsored dependents, unmarried children up to the age of 26 (or older if disabled before the age of 26) and UK retirees are eligible for up to five free sessions.
Following are some reasons you might want to schedule a consultation:
- Depression, anxiety, grief and other mental health concerns
- Parenting, divorce, separation or family concerns
- Stress management/relaxation skills
- Work performance difficulties
- Alcohol or drug concerns and assessments for self or family
- Dealing with and learning about new emotional or physical health diagnosis
- Communication issues
- Crisis counseling
Work+Life Connections will also provide department crisis and grief counseling, in the event of the death of a colleague, department reorganization, reduction in force, etc.
Additional Work+Life Services
We offer training for you and/or your staff in several areas such as recognizing drug and alcohol abuse, managing stress and crisis counseling.
Workshops on stress management, managing conflict or getting along with co-workers are some examples of what we can provide to you.
Are you parenting a special needs child? Having difficulty coping with divorce or separation? Experiencing stress or depression and want support from others? Do you have a family member suffering from mental illness? We offer a variety of support groups. Learn more about our Elder Care and Parenting Connection Group.
Contact Work+Life Connections
Ann Bassoni, MSW
Work+Life Connections Coordinator
Phone: (859) 257-9433
Lisa R. Collins
Work+Life Connections Assistant
Phone: (859) 218-0461
If you are experiencing an emergency call 911 now!
24 hour hotlines are available to assist you with a variety of situations:
- Comprehensive Care Crisis Line: 1-800-928-8000 (24hrs/day)
- Bluegrass Domestic Violence 24 hour crisis line: 1-800-544-2022
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center 24/7 hotline: 1-800-656-4673 or (859) 253-2511
- Domestic Violence & Child Abuse Hotline: (859) 245-5258 or Toll Free 1-800-752-6200
- Alcoholics Anonymous: (859) 276-2917
- Al-Anon: (859) 277-1877
- Narcotics Anonymous: (859) 253-4673
- LFUCG Division of Police: (859) 258-3600
- University of Kentucky Police: (859) 257-1616
- Fayette County Sheriff's Office: (859) 252-1771