The Office of Institutional Research conducts and coordinates a range of surveys to assess various aspects of student life at UK. This section features results from selected surveys that gauge the expectations, experiences, and concerns of students and alumni.
- First-Year Students, Fall - A questionnaire administered to first-year students to assess high school preparation and readiness for college, students' beliefs, values, and expectations, and social life.
- First-Year Experiences, Spring - A questionnaire administered to first-year students regarding their experiences during the first-year in college. The survey includes questions about development, college experiences, students' beliefs, values, and expectations, and expectations for college career.
- Graduating Seniors - A questionnaire administered annually to seniors who have earned at least 90 credit hours and applied for their degree. The survey asks students to evaluate their satisfaction with instruction, programs, and services. Graduating seniors are also asked to report their educational and career-related plans.
- Climate for Learning Survey - A questionnaire providing the University with information to evaluate the social and academic climate on campus.
- Undergraduate Alumni - A questionnaire administered to undergraduate alumni to determine their satisfaction with programs and services, as well as their current educational and employment status. Alumni are surveyed two years after receiving a degree from the University. The alumni surveys were administered on an annual basis for a number of years. Beginning in 2001, the questionnaires were mailed to alumni on a biannual basis.
- Graduate Alumni - A questionnaire administered to graduate alumni to determine their educational and employment status. Alumni are surveyed two years after receiving a degree from the University. The alumni surveys were administered on an annual basis for a number of years. Beginning in 2001, the questionnaires were mailed to alumni on a biannual basis.
- National Survey of Student Engagement - A questionnaire administered to samples of first-year students and seniors that assesses students' level of engagement in their academic careers. The NSSE measures five key clusters of activities that research has shown to be tied to desired collegiate outcomes: level of academic challenge, student-faculty interactions, active and collaborative learning, enriching educational experiences, and a supportive campus environment.