How to Apply
The Occ-Epi training program is available to students seeking MPH, DrPH and PhD degrees within the College of Public Health. Students must first seek admission to the UK College of Public Health graduate program. Include link to CPH grad application/requirements page.
Selection criteria for students to receive CARERC Occ Epi training funds are made through a separate competitive process once admission to the College of Public Health has been secured. The Occ Epi director evaluates all of the admitted students as potential candidates for the Occ Epi training program, paying particular attention to potential background and interest in occupational epidemiology.
Students in the training program must meet the admissions requirements of the Department of Epidemiology in the College of Public Health, which includes:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.25,
- a minimum GRE score (combined verbal and quantitative) of 1100, and
- an undergraduate degree in either a science, social science, mathematics, or health-related field.
To be accepted within our PhD program:
- the required master’s level GPA is 3.2 or above and
- GRE scores (combined verbal and quantitative) above 1100 are required as well as
- two courses in differential and integral calculus are also required.