Tips for Success
- Apply to between 3-6 schools – any less and you limit yourself too
much; any more and the process may become too large to manage.
- Don't rule out a school because of finances until you have heard the final decision on all scholarships and financial aid.
- Don't be late! Make sure to meet all of your deadlines.
- Keep all correspondence from every school you are interested in, and
separate it into neat stacks Remember, that letter you lose could be a
- Get to know a college representative at the schools you are
interested in. You need a contact person on the campus, and you may need
personalized help with problems or questions.
- Follow a college preparatory curriculum in high school if at all possible.
- Most important: Don't be afraid to ask questions. You are what makes a university tick. They need you, not the reverse. Be aggressive, find out what you need to know and don’t be afraid to ask tough questions.