Welcome Prospective Transfer Students!
Upcoming Transfer Days at the Visitor Center - Learn about the admissions process as a transfer student and the many opportunities UK has to offer you. A 90-minute walking tour is included. *NOTE - This is not an Advising Conference for newly admitted students to schedule courses. Click on the link to reserve your spot!
- Wednesday, May 15 - 1:30 Information Session, 2:15 Campus Tour
- Wednesday, June 19 - 1:30 Information Session, 2:15 Campus Tour
- Wednesday, July 17 - 1:30 Information Session, 2:15 Campus Tour
We're excited you are considering becoming a part of the Big Blue Nation. Did you know that more than 1,200 students transfer to UK each Fall? We want to do everything we can to answer your questions, guide you through the transfer application process, and introduce you to how we “see blue.” at the University of Kentucky!
At UK, you will study with fellow students ranked near the top of their class, who like you, are dedicated to learning and achievement. With more than 200 academic programs, and more than 450 students clubs and organizations, you can find your place at UK.
Enhancing our students' educational experiences are our beautiful campus and the thriving city of Lexington — named the sixth best city for college graduates and a top 100 community for young people and Forbes Magazine named Lexington the best city in America for finding a job in 2011. Visit UK, and discover for yourself why so many people love our campus and our community.
We look forward to working with you during your transfer process. If you can't find the answers to your questions here, please contact us at (859) 257-7595.
The University of Kentucky categorizes transfer applicants by the following types:
- Transfer with 23 or fewer hours of college work since high school graduation
- Transfer from another institution with 24 or more semester hours earned or in progress
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer I (May): April 15
- Summer II (June/July): May 15
Transfer applicants with 23 or fewer semester hours earned or in progress must submit the following:
- Either: UK Application for Undergraduate Admission or Common Application
- Test Scores: Official results for either the ACT or the SAT I must be submitted. Student copies, high school report copies, or scores from high school transcripts will not be accepted.
- Transcripts*: Submit a complete official high school transcript including the date of graduation. An official transcript must also be submitted from each college or university attended even if no credit was earned.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation: All transfer students with 23 or fewer hours must submit an academic letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor. Students should complete the top portion of the form and provide to the recommender.
- Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee: Attach $50 in cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kentucky. Full-time UK employees applying to take classes and who submit a copy of their UK staff card are not required to pay the application processing fee
Transfer applicants with 24 or more semester hours earned or in progress must submit the following:
- UK Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Transcripts*: Official transcript(s) from each college or university attended.
- Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee: Attach $50 in cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kentucky.
*Transcripts can be sent to:
University of Kentucky
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
100 W.D. Funkhouser Building
Lexington, KY 40506-0054