The Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity envisions the University of Kentucky as a community where equal opportunity is afforded to all, and individual contributions are valued and supported in the University's pursuit to become one of America's Top 20 public research institutions.
The Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity promotes an environment free of discrimination and inequity in accordance with the University Strategic Plan, and with federal and state equal opportunity statutes and regulations.
The Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity:
- Collaborates with the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education Committee on Equal Opportunity
- Develops and disseminates the University Affirmative Action Plan
- Recommends and monitors the attainment of faculty and staff employment goals
- Handles both internal and external complaints of discrimination
- Trains the University community on equal opportunity and affirmative action issues
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment
The Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity is responsible for upholding the University's commitment to equal opportunity for all members of the University community in academic programs, research, service and employment.