Senate Academic Planning and Priorities Committee
- Chair: Walter Ferrier, '13
- Melanie Hardin-Pierce, '13
- Eric Bensadoun, '13
- Anne Harrison, '14
- Jeffrey Osborn, '14
- Justin Bathon, '14
- Heath Martin, '15
- Francisco Andrade, '15
- Hank Dietz, '15
- Keith Branham (SGA-Public Health), '15
- Kendall Latham (SGA-Design), '15
Senate Council Charge 2012-2013
- Establish mechanism(s) for effective two-way communication with University faculty and staff to solicit opinions related to academic priorities and new ideas for plans to achieve academic goals.
- Look into the impact of a new budgeting system on existing programs and in particular on the changes that such a budgeting system will have on existing programs and academic priorities and solicit college faculty council input on the same.
Charter - Senate Rules 22.214.171.124
The Senate's Academic Planning and Priorities Committee shall:
- identify major academic problems likely to be faced by the University in the foreseeable future;
- formulate and recommend to the Senate plausible academic goals for the institution;
- develop procedures and criteria for recommending academic priorities;
- recommend to the Senate institutional policies that recognize academic priorities and goals, assess the progress of the institution toward its goals and report periodically to the Senate;
- recommend to the Senate a means for increasing the University's effectiveness in establishing and implementing its academic policies.
- serve the Senate and the administration as a source of faculty information and opinion concerning academic planning and priorities. [US: 4/10/89]