SAP Hardware Requirements for Knowledge Workers PC
According to SAP, listed below are the minimum requirements to run the R/3 SAP GUI for Windows machines. These requirements should only serve as a guide for understanding what is necessary to run SAP. It does not take into consideration other programs that the user may choose to run in addition to SAP.
For Knowledge Workers* and General Workstations, the University recommends following the approved campus computing standards when purchasing a new computer. These standards can be viewed at:
PCs that will be used for SAP must comply with the minimum recommended configuration for the workstation to run the R/3 SAP GUI for Windows release for SAP 6.4 client is:
- Pentium class II 300 MHz processor clock speed or higher.
- 128 MB RAM.
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution with 256 colors. (32,768 colors or higher recommended.)
- 300Mb HDD space for program files, plus an additional 200 MB is required for installation.
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP Professional with TCP/IP network connectivity.
- Internet Explorer 5.5 with Service Pack 2 or higher.
Please note: Any platforms not listed above are not supported. For more information, please contact the IT Customer Service Center at 257-1300 or email@example.com .
* A knowledge worker is defined as an employee who spends a significant portion of their time in intensive use of their desktop system, typically entering or retrieving data from institutional systems on the main campus or medical center, or performing detailed information retrieval and analysis functions.