Corinth is a southern Grant county town extending into Harrison and Scott counties. It may have originated as a station on the Lexington-Covington stage and was later on the Cincinnati and Southern Railway. It was probably named for the local Corinth Christian Church, which had a biblical name. The town may have been originally known as Mullanixville, named for the railway station agent. The Corinth post office opened in 1868. The population in 1990 was 137.