Ford is a Clark county village on the Kentucky River and KY 1924 where the river is crossed by the railroad. It was once a thriving town of over 3,500, the site of mills processing lumber that was floated down the river from the eastern forests. It is now the site of a coal-fired power plant. The town may have been named for Mitchell Ford, an early property owner in the area. The Ford post office opened in 1883.