Office of the Academic Ombud -- A neutral, independent and confidential resource for UK students and faculty

109 Bradley Hall • • 859-257-3737 • University Senate Rules

Professor talking with student in a laboratory

Accommodation of Students with Disabilities

If a student with a documented disability requires academic modifications or accommodation for your course, the student must provide you with a Letter of Accommodation from the UK Disability Resource Center (DRC). If a student is not registered with the DRC, the student may contact David T. Beach via email at or by telephone 859-257-2754. The student may also visit the DRC website for information on how to register for services as a student with a disability:

All university instructors are required to make reasonable accommodations for physical and/or learning disabilities that could inhibit student academic success. The Disability Resource Center certifies the need for and specifies the accommodations needed on a student-by-student basis. Faculty should request this certification (Letter of Accommodation) from students. However, please refrain from asking questions regarding the reason justifying such accommodations. DRC staff is available to answer questions and provide guidance and assistance to faculty. (Contact Mr. David Beach, 257-2754). A statement similar to the following placed in the syllabus would benefit students who might have special needs:

Any student with a disability who is taking this course and needs classroom or exam accommodations should contact the Disability Resource Center, 257-2754, Suite 407, Multidisciplinary Science Building, 725 Rose Street,