Tree branches and leaves with dots graphic

Testing Services

National Testing

National testing programs are administered by the University of Kentucky Counseling Center: Consultation and Psychological Services (UKCC) for the convenience of UK students and others in the community. Applications and information on dates, fees, and locations for these tests are available from the Testing Center, 106 Frazee Hall, (859) 257-4133.

Note: The computerized GRE (general test), GMAT, and TOEFL, are NOT given at UK through the National Testing Service. They are administered by Thomsom ProMetric Testing Center. Call (859) 268-3338 for details or to make an appointment. You may also schedule on line to take the GRE or TOEFL at The GRE can also be scheduled directly through the GRE website, which is The TOEFL website is

The CLEP exam is no longer given at UK. Midway College administers the CLEP exam. For more information or to make an appointment, call (859) 846-5318.

Personality and Career Assessment

Personality Assessment - Inventories such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) are available to students through the Counseling Center. The results provide students with information about themselves that can improve relationships (work, personal, intimate, family) and major life decisions (career, college major). For information on personality assessments, call (859) 257-8701.

Career Assessment - Inventories such as the Strong Interest Inventory (SII) are available to students through the Counseling Center. The results provide students information that can help them through the career/major decision-making process. For more information go to this link:

Testing Accommodations

The Counseling Center is no longer providing monitoring for accommodated testing. Faculty may request/schedule proctoring assistance and exam rooms for students requiring exam accommodation due to disability by calling the Disability Resource Center at (859) 257-2754.

Please note: students who request accommodation for exams are required to provide faculty with evidence that they are eligible to receive said accommodation via a letter of accommodation from the Disability Resource Center.

If you need additional information or have questions concerning this service, please contact the Disability Resource Center at (859) 257-2754.

University of Kentucky Division of Student Affairs

Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for the convenience of users are not managed by the University of Kentucky. The university does not review, control or take responsibility for the contents of those sites.