Current/Returning Students


The University of Kentucky is proud of its many students who currently serve in the Guard or Reserve and understands the added demands that service can bring. The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is here to help you ensure that your service has minimum disruption on your education.

Before you deploy, bring a copy of your orders to our office in 124 Funkhouser Building (across for the Admissions Office). If your deployment means you must miss classes or withdraw from the University, the VRC will ensure that the proper arrangements are made here at the University so that you can concentrate on preparing for your deployment. We will also officially notify your professors of your deployment.

Upon your safe return we will ensure that you are re-enrolled with no hassles, penalties, or fees. We'll also assist you should you need any additional assistance to get re-acclimated to the campus.

In the unfortunate event that you are injured while serving and require additional assistance, ensure that you inform the VRC so that we may coordinate any on-campus resources. If you have a letter from a doctor outlining any special instructions to accommodate your learning, please give that letter to the Disability Resource Center

Change of Major

To change your major you must complete a change of program form and submit it to the VA for verification, in addition to the University's requirements. The VRC will assist you to ensure that the VA is notified in a timely manner so as not to affect your benefits.

In order to receive your VA benefits for the semester, you must complete the VA Benefits Request Form (PDF).

The US Air Force logo as a link to the US Air Force homepage.
The US Army logo as a link to the US Army homepage.
The US Marines logo as a link to the US Marines homepage.
The US Coast Guard logo as a link to the US Coast Guard homepage.
The US National Guard logo as a link to the US National Guard homepage.