The Office of Assessment works to assist faculty in finding suitable and useful ways to assess course-level learning. Contact OA staff if you would like to learn more about:
- Developing course-level learning outcomes
- Mapping course-level activities to the course’s learning outcomes
- Mapping course-level outcomes to program-level outcomes
- Designing assignments to match learning outcomes
- Designing rubrics, tests, or other assessment tools for course-level assessment
- Using results to improve teaching and learning in the course
Value and Benefits of Course-Level Assessment
- Clarify your learning objectives and activities of the course.
- Receive feedback about learning in the course so that improvements can be made for future learners.
- When properly aligned to program learning outcomes, the data can be used to measure and improve learning in the program.
Course-Based Review and Assessment: Methods for Understanding Student Learning – Includes worksheets to help simplify your course-assessment development process.
Teaching Goals Inventory – Complete the inventory about a single class to generate a report that helps you focus the outcomes of your course.
National Teaching and Learning Forum - Discover what teaching and learning practices peers across the U.S. are using to advance and measure student learning in the classroom.