Banner Link to UK International Center

On-Campus Employment

Eligibility Requirements
You may work on campus provided you are maintaining F-1 status and you do not work more than a total of 20 hours per week while school is in session. This includes any work undertaken in connection with a scholarship, fellowship or assistantship. You may be employed full time during summer and other vacation periods if you are eligible and intend to register for the subsequent academic term. Enrollment in Summer Sessions I or II does not prohibit full-time on campus work.

Students with full graduate assistantships should contact the Graduate School and their departments regarding policies related to their employment.

Jobs that Qualify as "On-Campus Employment"
On-campus employment includes work done as a teaching or research assistant as well as jobs in the school library, cafeteria, and administrative offices. On-campus also includes employment with "... on-location commercial firms which provide services for students on campus, such as the school bookstore or cafeteria." Exception: On-campus employment does not include employment on the school's premises for a commercial firm that is not providing on-campus services for student; for example, at a construction site for a new school building.