Banner Link to UK Link to International Center

Permanent Residence (Green Card)

Sponsoring Permanent Residency for Permenant Positions at the University of Kentucky

A permanent resident or green card holder is someone who is not a U.S. citizen but has been authorized to permanently live and work in the United States. An immigrant visa petition is usually filed by an employer or relative.

The University of Kentucky will sponsor permanent residency petitions for certain qualified positions with prior approval from the supervisor or department head. Some positions do not qualify for sponsorship. Information about approved positions and types of residency petitions which are commonly sponsored by the university are available under the Employment-Based Residency section of this website.

University of Kentucky departments seeking permanent residence (green card) for an employee must first contact the International Student & Scholar Services staff:

Elizabeth Leibach, Director of International Student & Scholar Services.

Full-time Teaching Postions
If you are advertising for new teaching position, see below for more information regarding the criteria necessary for international teaching faculty.