College of Nursing Student Ambassadors is a select group of nursing students dedicated to enhancing the image of professional nursing in Kentucky. Ambassadors promote the College by assisting in information sessions, giving tours and providing an idea of what it’s really like to be a UK College of Nursing student. Ambassadors may attend nursing conferences in Kentucky and assist in recruiting events such as UK's See Blue Preview Nights and Come See for Yourself events.
Students are qualified to be ambassadors if they:
- Have been admitted to the professional nursing program
- Are a second-semester sophomore or first- or second-semester junior (pre-nursing majors and first-semester sophomore students are not eligible)
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25.
Once the application has been released, qualified students must:
- Complete a College of Nursing Student Ambassador Program application
- Submit the application with two faculty recommendation forms
- Provide a copy of their current class schedule
- Provide a copy of their unofficial UK transcript by the stated deadline to the Student Services Office
Eligible applicants will participate in an interview with Dr. Patricia Burkhart, associate dean for undergraduate studies, and Michael Hendrix, student affairs coordinator. If chosen as ambassadors, students agree to keep the Student Services Office informed of their availability for College of Nursing events.
Questions? Contact Michael Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 323-6227.