Women's Executive Leadership Development Program (WELD)
About the Program
Our eight month long curriculum consists of 2 two-day retreats and monthly meetings covering topics that include leadership attributes, budgeting, strategic planning, legal issues and regulations and crisis management. In addition, participants will work on mentored, team-based projects focused on areas of improvement at the University of Kentucky.
For more information about the program, read more...
Applicants to the program will need to submit a CV or resume’ and two references, and answer questions regarding leadership experience and goals. Go to the application website to submit all materials.
Additional Leadership Programs
Leadership Programs Outside UK
- The Aspen Institute
- American Council on Education Fellows Program
- Center for Creative Leadership
- Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine
- Faculty Leadership for Integrative Liberal Learning: Principles and Practices
- HERS BrynMawr Summer Institute
- Monthly Leadership Session
Leadership Presentations by Dr. Swanson
1. “A Model for Implementing a Dean-Mentored, Individual Leadership Development Program within an Academic Health Center Swanson”, HI and Perman, J.A., Presented at the American Association of Medical Colleges Meeting, November 2006. View Here
2. “Building a Culture that Embraces Change”, presented at the College of Health Sciences, University of Kentucky Annual Retreat, January 2012. View Here
3. “Developing a Leadership Style that Works for You”, presented at the National Society of Toxicology Annual Meeting, March 2014. View Here
4. “Undertaking a range of activities and adapting to changes for the future in academia as a thought leader, a communicator and teacher” presented at the National Society of Toxicology Annual, March 2015. View Here
UK Women's Programs