Following Provost Tim Tracy’s decision to become Chief Executive Officer of Aprecia Pharmaceuticals, President Capilouto began talking with dozens of people across our campus, including each of the deans, the President's direct reports, the Chair of the Senate Council, and the faculty trustees.
He asked for input on three items:
- What are the most pressing challenges facing the next Provost?
- What specific skill set is most valuable to the role?
- What are the most appropriate next steps in this process? What emerged most clearly was a sense of urgency and a commitment to the goals and initiatives we already have established and are pursuing.
Based on: 1) those conversations; 2) our confidence in our Strategic Plan; 3) the long list of initiatives we have undertaken; and 4) the unsettled environment in which we do our work, President Capilouto concluded that the wisest course of action is an internal search for our next Provost to help lead us forward.
To that end, and with respect for our Governing Regulations, the President appointed a search committee to review internal candidates. Dean Nancy Cox and Executive Vice President Eric Monday have agreed to serve as co-chairs.
The other members of the Committee are:
- Kim Anderson, Professor, College of Engineering
- Bob DiPaola, Dean, College of Medicine
- Sonja Feist-Price, Vice President, Institutional Diversity
- Elizabeth Foster, Vice President, Student Government Association
- Jon Gent, Chair, Staff Senate
- Andrew Hippisley, Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Katherine McCormick, Chair, Senate Council
- Genia Toma, Professor, Martin School of Public Administration
The position will be posted Monday, November 13 and remain available for seven days. The Committee will begin reviewing applications Monday, November 20 with the aim of identifying 1-3 candidates who should be considered by the campus. Using the same process we used in the previous search, the finalist or finalists will meet with various campus constituencies and hold an open forum the week of December 4. President Capilouto will then make the selection of our next Provost, should a candidate be successful through these stages.
Input from the UK community is invaluable. Send your comments and questions to the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.