The UK Bicycle Advisory Committee
The goal of the BAC is to cultivate a bicycle-friendly campus by educating its community about safe bicycling practices and improving bicycle facilities on campus.
To suggest a facilities project, please email us at UKBikes@lsv.uky.edu.
Facility and Infrastructure Projects
Completed Projects - Campus Bicycle Facilities Map (PDF)
- Alumni Drive bike lane (Tates Creek to University)
- Alumni Drive shared use path (Tates Creek to University)
- Annual refresh of all existing bike lane stripes (2012 -2015)
- Arboretum Woods Shared Use Path
- Bike Parking: Ag North, Anderson Tower, Bowman's Den, Central Hall, Champions Court I and II, Gillis Building, Haggin Hall, Johnson Hall, Lancaster Aquatic Center, Pence Hall, Student Center, The 90, Woodland Glen I - IV, W.T. Young Library
- Bike Parking Additions or Upgrades: Baldwin, College of Engineering, Gatton College of Business and Economics, Ingels, Morgan Biology, Patterson Office Tower (northeast corner), Smith Hall
- Bridge to Baptist Health
- Cooper Drive bike lane (Nicholasville Road to Sports Center Drive)
- Hilltop (University to Woodland)
- Installation of six (6) DIY Bike Fix-It Stations: College of Nursing, Johnson Center, Oswald Building, Patterson Drive, South Campus Commons and W.T. Young Library
- Maxwell (Limestone to Rose)
- Patterson Drive bike lane and sharrows
- Removal of "No Biking" emblems near W.T. Young Library
- Rose Street (Maxwell to Euclid)
- University Drive (Cooper to Blue Lot)
- University Drive (Huguelet to Hilltop, End of boulevard to Alumni)
- Virginia Avenue (Broadway to Limestone)
*The Blazer Hall DIY Bike Fix-It Station was funded by the Student Sustainability Council.